We are looking for Occupational Therapists who are keen to gain clinical experience as a Band 5 within a forward thinking, supportive and friendly Adult Therapy Service. (We are also happy to consider recruitment at Band 4 level if successful, whilst awaiting HCPC registration).
You will be part of a well led, dynamic and friendly team consisting of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Therapy Assistants, who constantly strive for integrated working - optimizing patient care and team morale. The team works together to achieve both positive patient experiences and successful outcomes.
If you are interested in the role and believe you hold the qualities we require, then apply today!Main duties of the job
To work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide patient focused, evidence based care. To work as part of Integrated Team of therapists across a range of specialties, providing specialist assessment and evidence-based patient centered care. To provide support and supervision to students and non-qualified staff.
We have an interesting and varied rotational programme which includes core and experience of specialist areas:
- Acute Medicine
- Frailty Services at Brentwood Community Hospital
- Specialist Medicine
- Trauma and Elective Orthopaedics
- Surgery and Vascular (including Amputees)
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include
1. To contribute to the overall service development of the team. and support the development of service standards.
2. To take responsibility for an evidence-based clinical audit concerning your particular area.3. Ensure compliance with the Trusts health and safety and risk management policies and procedures establish and maintain safe systems of work within the department or area you work. You have a duty to maintain the health, safety and welfare of staff, patients or other third parties visiting your department or general areas of the Trust.4. Comply with the Trusts Infection Control Policies, in order to prevent and/or control the spread of infection throughout the Trust and wider healthcare community.5. To ensure appropriate adverse event forms are completed following an adverse eventor near miss and support junior members of staff to carry this out.6. To attend and participate in annual team/service review with management, if neededPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Professional RegistrationEssential ExperienceEssential
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapist or In final study stage
- varied work or placement experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience working in the NHS or similar setting
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.