Community Staff Nurse (Permanent and Full Time)
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY for an experienced RGN
An exciting Band 5 Community Staff Nurse opportunity has arisen with us in the beautiful Eden Valley and into the borders of the Lake District National Park.
You will have the opportunity to work in an area of outstanding national beauty.The post will be based will be based In Appleby and serves the local population of the Eden ICC, providing outreach across the Eden Valley. The successful candidate will work with our evolving Community Team, as part of the Integrated Care Community (ICC).
Daily working hours are currently between 8:30 and 23.00 hrs with shifts between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, 12 - 8pm and the late shift of 3pm-11pm. Our current weekend pattern is one weekend in four.
Are you ready for a challenge to work in this beautiful location working as part of a supportive and friendly integrated team meeting the needs of the community? If you have the skills and knowledge required to meet the role of a community nurse and want to play a part in our community team we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
This role requires you to demonstrate the skills and knowledge to support the provision of high quality care, to support patients with complex needs within the community setting.
This is an excellent opportunity for dedicated and committed registered nurses who are looking to develop their clinical skills and expertise in caring for patients, working closely with health and social care colleagues to prevent hospital admission, facilitate hospital discharge and promote independence through reablement and management of long term conditions.
We are able to provide an individually tailored preceptorship program to experienced nurses and also be interested to hear from newly qualified nurses, whom we could support in the development of their nursing career.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies? The Trust will provide a twelve month preceptorship period for all newly registered healthcare professionals. Healthcare Professionals returning to practice, moving into new roles or changing clinical environments, may access an agreed preceptorship period.
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
email@example.com or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27 day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Level 1 registered nursing qualifications
- Post registration qualification in teaching/assessing
- Evidence of continuous professional development to degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrate evidence to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrable recent Nursing experience.
- Demonstrate evidence to motivate team/peers.
- Evidence of clinical/professional development.
- Knowledge of changing health agenda and impact for community nursing
- Leadership of a team
- Recent community nursing experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the extent of the role.
- Broad knowledge base of acute and chronic conditions.
- Understanding of scope of professional practice.
- Understanding of reflective practice and its application.
- Self awareness and appreciation of limitations.
- Demonstrate ability of change management.
- Problem solving skills
Skills & aptitudesEssential
- Knowledge of changing way health services are being planned and delivered.
- Awareness of current changes in the delivery of healthcare.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team.
- IT skills.
- Post registration clinical skills
- Able to travel independently.
- Able to work 24/7 and flexibly across a range of in-patient and community settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Promote equality and value diversity (level 3)
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Eden ICC upper eden District Nurses
Appleby Medical Practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.