37.5 hours per week. The Project Management Office (PMO) within Livewell Southwest and an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the team.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support and facilitation of clinical and non-clinical projects within your portfolio. You will ensure these and managed and delivered effectively in line with the PMO project assurance processes
The successful candidate will need an agile approach to work with a real can-do attitude. The role requires excellent project management and facilitation skills with a strong focus on delivery, outcomes, and benefits. Whilst having robust project management skills is key to this role, there is equal emphasis on the ability to problem solve, innovate, and immerse yourselves into the projects.
You should be able to evidence a passion for change management with internal drive and resilience. You should have excellent attention to detail and be able to maintain and build relationships with clinical staff and senior management
We are a Hybrid working organisation with a mix of home and office-based working. Your base will Crownhill Court in Plymouth, but you may required to attend other Livewell Southwest sites when required.Main duties of the job
The Project Manager will support the Programme Manager in the undertaking of complex transformational projects across the organisation by developing the processes for the design and on-going tracking and realisation of benefits across the PMO portfolio across the life-cycle of the projects.
The role will involve working closely with the Senior Responsible Owners, operational, corporate and clinical colleagues for the assigned projects to define the objectives, scope and benefits through to delivery of multiple projects, support and advise on change processes and identify and mitigate any risks to those projects with the support of the Programme Manager.
The post holder will support and provide project management coaching, experience and guidance to those whose projects they support.About us
Livewell Southwest is an independent, award-winning social enterprise providing integrated health & social care services for people across Plymouth, South Hams & West Devon, as well as some specialist services for people living in parts of Devon & Cornwall. With teams in community hospitals, GP practices, sports centres, health & wellbeing hubs.
As an organisation with a strong social conscience, we always value being kind, respectful, inclusive, ambitious, responsible and collaborative. Transforming services to make them sustainable, ensuring that we value, support & empower each other.
We are committed to involving the people we care for, families & carers in everything that we do, working towards co-production where we can. Helping us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place & at the right time. By putting people at the centre of what we do, we ensure to support people to lead, healthy independent lives & be the very best at helping people to live well.
Valuing our employees making an investment in their development a priority. We offer:
Protected CPD time for registered staff
Various development pathways and ongoing regular training packages for all staff
Leadership & mentoring programmes
Access & funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course & Scholarship Into Nurse Training
A Robust Preceptorship
A bespoke induction programme
Existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme can continue their membership when they join the organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Analytical and Judgemental skills
- To provide challenge and scrutiny projects to ensure agreed outputs and capability will be delivered to support wider programme outcomes
- To support the analysis and interpretation of sensitive and complex information and data and escalate issues/findings where required in order to ensure that appropriate action is taken that fits with the strategic aims and ensures the achievement of performance targets
- To be able to direct others to complete relevant analysis to support decision making with the support of the Programme Manager
- To be able to understand and communicate information and facilitate others understanding of it
- To be able to understand and communicate performance and financial information to help third parties understand the interdependenciesPlanning and Organisational skills
- To plan and prioritise work delegated by the PMO
- To be able to manage competing and changing priorities to ensure programme outcomes are achieved with the support of the Programme Manager
- To identify and plan own professional development needs
- Experience of cost/benefit analysis of expenditure and management of budgets with support from relevant people (either within or outside of the PMO)
- To support the development of the programme environment for corporate projects and ensure there are robust systems and processes for the development, tracking and reporting of projects
- To identify and, assess and plan for risk and opportunities within programmes and projects with the support of the Programme Manager
- To support, advise and plan for delivery of change initiatives within operations or organisation wide
- To ensure compliance with the established governance, producing highlight and exception reports as required
- To work to agreed project timelines, ensuring that all objectives are met.
- To support the application of project management and improvement methodologies within work-streams
- To act as a champion for continuous improvement, encouraging a progressive approach to the use of project management and improvement methodologies
- To undertake training to support continuous improvement and lean skills development
- To support the PMO Lead and Programme Managers in the presentation of projects and programmes of work at the programme BoardPolicy and Service Development Implementation
- To work with the Senior Leaders in the organisation to identify and understand corporate project opportunities
- To contribute to and ensure compliance with best practice project management
- Support the making recommendations to decision makers.
- Ability to present complex ideas and concepts to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of developing and implementing policies would have an impact on other areas within the organisation.Financial
- To work with finance and information colleagues to create a performance management framework that enables continuous improvement to achieve best practice (in line with the projects/programmes of work)
- Ability to work with finance colleagues to test financial assumptions at all stages of programme delivery
- Support the development of options appraisals and making recommendations
- Budget holder for department.
- Develop cost/benefit analysis with the support of Finance colleagues
- Support the analysis of a range of financial data and making recommendations in regard to improving financial position Human resources/development
- To coach others in project management methodologies to support the delivery of a project
- To support the coaching operational and clinical managers to embed best practice project management and change management techniques
- Would have day to day line management responsibilities for a department of staff which would include managing any performance issues and allocating of work.Information Resources
- To work with the Performance and Information team to develop Programme dashboards that evidence delivery of the Programme objectives
- To work with the Performance and Information team to undertake complex activity and financial analysis to support option appraisal and assurance of projectsResearch and Development
- To apply best practice project, change and workforce management to the PMO corporate projects programme
- To review emerging research, evidence based reviews and benchmarking to support the implementation of new projects which align to LSW strategic aims
- To maintain own knowledge of best practice and the current evidence base for practiceProfessional
- Carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate with the role and delegated or requested by the PMO Lead or Programme Manager as the needs of the PMO and LSW require
- The job description and the person specification may be reviewed on an on-going basis in accordance with the changing needs of the PMO
- To undertake further personal development and training as required to meet the person specificationProcurement/contractual
- To support business case or bid submissions for new contracts using subject matter experts to support the content
- To support bids, procurement processes and governance in support of tenders for the benefit of LSW and strategic partnersCOMMUNICATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- To foster effective and supportive relationships with operational teams and external stakeholder to enable delivery of agreed outcomes
- To develop strong and supportive working relationships with operational and corporate teams
- To be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams from across Livewell Southwest (LSW) to deliver agreed outcomes
- In the context of the projects or programmes, to represent the PMO with external stakeholders as required
- To be comfortable participating in Executive led Steering Groups and liaising with Executives as necessary to deliver objectives
- To support the development of large-scale improvement/change projects.
- To be credible and foster effective and supportive relationships with senior leaders to enable delivery of agreed outcomes and compliance with new standards and ways of working
- To be able to promote, negotiate and facilitate change and, at times, resolve conflict with senior colleagues
- To be able to work with and empower multi-disciplinary teams from across LSW to deliver agreed outcomes
- To be able to work with a high level of complexity and support translation of this into coherent plans that can be used to motivate and enthuse individuals and clinical teams
- To deal with conflict and remain calm to resolve difficult issues
The post holder's key relationships will be with:Internal
: CEO, Executive/Non-Executive Directors, Medical Director, Heads of Services, Service Management, Teams, Corporate Services, Senior Responsible Owners (SRO), Programme Managers, Quality Improvement.External
: Commissioners, Other NHS and Local Authority bodies.PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB/MENTAL EFFORT
Hand-eye co-ordination, sensory skills (sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell), dexterity, manipulation, requirements for speed and accuracy, keyboard and driving skills. The job requires occasional periods of concentrations when working to urgent deadlines,
Must be able to move between all the LSW sites and other organisations where requiredPerson SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Project management experience in the public sector or equivalent experience in the private sector.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to understand financial management to manage project and programme expenditure.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of project risk management.
- To have an understanding and knowledge of health and social care services to set own work in context.
- Experience of leading successful projects on time and within budgets.
- Knowledge and awareness of Livewell Southwests strategy and significant issues which impact the organisation and the wider health and social care sector.
- Experience of using improvement methodologies to deliver results.
- Knowledge of lean improvement.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Ability to empathise, communicate unpleasant news sensitively and provide counselling and reassurance.
- To facilitate good working relationships with other colleagues across LSW and the wider health and social care community.
- Manage and navigate through ambiguity.
- Experience of building good working relationships with stakeholders including trade unions, professional associations and external agencies.
- Demonstrate flexible communication approaches and the ability to tailor information to suit the audience including with commissioners, clinical and non - clinical stakeholders and networking skills across departments.
- Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.