Trafford Community Stroke and Neuro-Rehabilitation Team is a well established multidisciplinary team with extensive skills and knowledge. It comprises of two pathway teams, one for patients with complex neuro conditions and one for stroke survivors. Within the team there are occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, specialist nurses (stroke, complex neuro and parkinson's disease), dietitians, neuropsychologists, therapy technicians and support workers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Occupational therapist with experience in managing a complex neurological caseload, who would like to further develop their specialist clinical skills and experience in a community setting, with additional opportunities to be involved in service development.
The team is based inSale and provides specialist rehabilitation programmes in patient's homes, clinics and outpatient facilities across the borough of Trafford.
You would have the opportunity to consolidate your skills in splinting, normal movement, upper limb rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation, specialist seating and positioning, equipment provision, fatigue management, cognitive assessment and treatment.
We have a supportive supervision structure, in-service training programme, staff well bring initiatives, profession specific OT meetings and a culture of sharing skills across all disciplines.Main duties of the job
To contribute to triage of MDT referrals to both stroke and neuro of the CNRT
To efficiently manage a complex caseload of patients from both the neuro and stroke occupational therapy caseload, using effective time management skills
To undertake an holistic and specialist assessment of neurological patients using investigative and analytical skills, of vision, sensation, praxis, cognition, normal movement, posture, perception, psychological wellbeing
To formulate individual management and/or treatment programmes using advanced clinical reasoning and a range of treatment skills, including specialist handling, cognitive/perceptual rehabilitation, normal movement, specialist equipment provision, splinting, ADL
To undertake the continuous assessment and evaluation of treatment programmes and goals, to ensure timely discharge.
To work in support of and deputise for the Senior Practitioner in the day to day running of the team service evaluation and design.
To contribute to education and training of other members of the CNRT and wider OT service including MDT in-service training, professional in-service training and meetings, informal/formal training of non-registered / junior staff and students.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationApplication Form and InterviewEssential
- oDiploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- oHCPC Registration
- oEvidence of post graduate study relevant to specialism
- oAppropriate relevant post grad experience working in a community setting
- oEvidence of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- oEvidence of working with clients with specialist neuro/stroke needs
- oSupervision of junior staff/ students
- oClinical Audit and standard setting
- oKnowledge of current best practice in within stroke and neuro rehabilitation
- oGood clinical knowledge base of stroke and neuro rehabilitation
- oEvidence of working with people with multiple needs
- oAbility to be able to describe and promote role
- oCommunication skills verbally and in writing to address physical/cognitive/psychological and socio-economic needs
- oDemonstrate ability to manage time effectively
- oAbility to undertake specialist stroke and neuro OT assessments
- oAble to use clinical reasoning to make an relevant OT diagnosis and formulate treatment plans
- oKnowledge of issues relating to Clinical Governance
- oAwareness of NICE and Evidence based Care Pathways
- oManual Handling skills
- oAppraisal Skills
- oKnowledge and application of Information Technology
- oCapability to manage own workload without direct supervision
- oCommitment to patient centred non-discriminatory practice
- oAbility to work autonomously
- oCommitment to lifelong learning
- oSelf-reliant and self-motivated and be able to seek support and help when
- oReflect and critically appraise one's own performance
- oAccess to a means of mobility to travel across the Trafford footprint and meet service demands
- oWilling to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- oAppointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure and registration with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA), Vetting and Barring Scheme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Student Accreditation Evidence of professional networking in area of specialisation.
- Attendance on leadership course
- Attendance on neuro/stroke specific training
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.