As a member of the Improvement Delivery Team, the Green Plan Transformation Manager will have day to day responsibility for the scoping, co-ordination, and delivery of Trust's Green Plan, that supports Whittington Health's transformation and improvement agenda.
We are expanding our existing team of programme and project professionals with additional delivery capacity and would welcome candidates with operational experience and project management expertise. Your role will deliver programme management expertise for the Whittington Green Plan that was signed off in the summer of 2023, to ensure operational transformation is delivered with a project management approach.
You will manage and deliver the Trust's sustainability programme, including, but not limited to, achieving NHS net zero targets with specific attention to the nine areas of focus prioritized by the Whittington Green Plan.
As Transformation Manager you will work with multi-disciplinary teams including senior clinicians, operational service teams and corporate support services to ensure a collaborative and well governed approach to transformation and delivery.
You will have oversight responsibility for this key programme within the organisation and therefore your ability to negotiate, engage and resolve issues will be critical to ensure successful project delivery.Main duties of the job
Main Duties of the job are further detailed in the attached JD but include:
You will have individual responsibility for managing several sub-programmes and projects, enabling the transformation of services, focusing on delivering the green action plan across the Trust. The role will involve delivering changes and improvements that are high priorities, challenging and significant, assessing the impact of change on both the organisation and staff and planning and managing the process to minimise disruption.
- To lead the planning and co-ordination of the Trusts Green Plan, ensuring that all plans have specific and detailed project documentation and are monitored on a regular basis by:-
- Reporting progress to the Trust Transformation Committee.
- Liaising with lead managers and clinicians on identifying and delivering green initiatives and plans using local and national benchmarking
- To ensure alignment of the Green Plans with strategic plans, and to ensure that risks to the overall programme are identified, monitored, and managed effectively using PMO tools
Medical services have been delivered on the Whittington Hospital site for over 500 years. On 1st April 2011, Whittington Health was launched as a new Integrated Care Organisation (ICO) comprising The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, NHS Islington and NHS Haringey. The Whittington and the community health services in Islington and Haringey are award winning organisations, delivering acute and community based health services to a population of 443,000 people.
The organisation is the biggest employer in the area, with over 4,500 staff delivering healthcare not only on the acute hospital site which has 420 beds, but also from a variety of other community based health centres and through visits to patients homes across the boroughs to address the health needs of the local population. Whittington Health also works with other health, social care and voluntary sector partners to support patients and service users from their initial appointment whether it be with a community health team or at the hospital, all the way through to treatment and tailored after care.
Our ICARE Equity (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence and Equity) Values not only help us shape what we do, but also how we do it and why. They are fundamental to the way we do business and care for our patients.
For more information, please access the following link:https://www.whittington.nhs.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Operational Service Management Experience at Band 6 or above.
- Proven track record of achieving challenging targets
- Experienced in reviewing and interpreting complex financial and analytical information to support or inform the development of strategic plans
- Experience of managing complex projects through to delivery
- Experience of negotiating with stakeholders on challenging issues.
- Project management degree or 5 years project management experience
- Experience in the application of Service Improvement methodologies and leading change
- Experience of managing Cost Improvement Programmes (CIP) or operational service budgets
- Experience of collaborative working across the healthcare system
- Innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to cut through barriers to change
- Ability to work effectively including across team, professional and structural boundaries to deliver outcomes and build relationships.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to cut through barriers to change.
- Ability to focus frequently on complex tasks and communications.
- Comfortable dealing with financial information, including a working knowledge of NHS financial processes
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and communicate complex information.
- Excellent presentation skills, with evidence of presenting to senior management teams.
- Degree level qualification or relevant experience
- Formal project or programme management qualification (i.e. Prince 2, MSP)
- Relevant Masters level qualification in field of health or social care (desirable) or working at a senior level in specialist area
- Knowledge of NHS issues and transition process.
- Knowledge and understanding of national and local performance targets.
- Expert knowledge and skills of programme/project management methodologies and techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programme/projects including risk management.
- Knowledge of successful CIP plans and complex projects.
- Ability to make decisions autonomously when required on difficult issues.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the current health system within North central London, the aims and aspirations of the organisation and current relevant national health policy
- Passion for improving the experience of patient
- Must be able to demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Able to be tenacious and follow through on multiple strands of work simultaneously, and in the face of Innovative thinking and complex problem solving.
- Good emotional intelligence and personal resilience competing pressures and demands
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to continuing professional development
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Whittington Health NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.