We have exciting development opportunities for Band 6 Occupational Therapists to be involved in shaping the future of integrated community services within CTMUHB, with a key focus on prevention, admission avoidance and falls management.
CTMUHB are committed using the Welsh Government AHP investment to further transform and strengthen integrated services.
We are looking for dynamic practitioners committed to partnership workings and forging relationships with key stakeholders. People with a clear focus on the offer OT can make in community and primary care settings. Individuals that are fully engaged with evolving services and able to work with service transformation at pace.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work collaboratively with our integrated Health and Local Authority community teams delivering on place based care ethos.
The primary focus will be rapid multi-factorial assessment to identify what matters to individuals and to co-produce achievable goals.
Liaison with carers, families, care providers and third sector to ensure longer term needs are met will be paramount. The post holder will need excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly establish effective working relationships.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be joining a well-established Network of integrated community and primary care with a dedicated Principal Occupational Therapist for professional support and leadership. The post holder will work collaboratively with the wider multi-disciplinary teams to meet the needs of people within their communities.
The post will offer opportunity to:
- work closely with the newly developing CTMUHB falls prevention service.
- influence the future design of community services.
- Commission care and support packages
- Develop leadership skills
- Partake in service evaluation
Our aim is to reach individuals at the very earliest point of crisis to keep people in their own homes.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationOtherEssential
- Ability to travel around geographical area
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Post graduate training/accreditation in fieldwork education
- Knowledge and application of principles of clinical governance and risk management
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of professional ethics/standards and code of conduct, and their application in practice
- Evidence of critical appraisal/analytical thought.
- Knowledge of graded therapeutic interventions.
- Knowledge and understanding of factors which can influence discharge planning including: cognitive, physical, psychological and cultural
- Knowledge of broad range of medical, surgical and orthopaedic conditions
- Knowledge of national drivers for health provision for service user group
- Management qualification
- Post-graduate training in motivational interviewing, goal planning
- Knowledge of standardised and non-standardised assessments that can be used with service user group
- Integrated Approaches, NSF Interest and involvement in quality, audit and service evaluation
- Understanding of the theory and practical application goal orientated approach
- Post graduate clinical experience in area of physical medicine
- Experience of service delivery in a variety of different clinical physical health settings
- Experience of effective one-to-one interactions
- Experience of research and audit
- Experience of applying professional theory to practice
- Experience of delivering training and education to support staff
- Experience of supervision
Aptitude, Abilities & ValuesEssential
- Experience of advising/teaching other professions
- Experience of presenting information to a variety of audiences
- Experience in an acute setting and/or the community
- Experience of cross organisational working
- Ability to work well under pressure within a multi/inter disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a way which will neither offend nor antagonise.
- Autonomous practitioner with excellent personal organisational skills for caseload management, including time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work independently with individuals
- Demonstrable clinical reasoning skills, and able to make effective clinical decisions following assessment of complex cases
- Ability to negotiate with others where opinions differ
- Able to present and interpret data
- Using own initiative and is self-motivated, innovative and creative.
- Work flexibly and respond to unpredictable, challenging work environments
- Approachable and considerate, Reliable, conscientious and hard-working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of delivering competency based learning
- Evidence of effective teaching skills
- Ability to use reflective practice based on current evidence.
- Awareness of current professional issues
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Integrated Community Teams within Merthyr Tydfil or Rhondda Cynon Taff - Base TBC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.