A new opportunity has arisen for a full-time band 7 Speech and Language Therapist in the Working Age Adults Mental Health inpatient unit and Home Treatment Team at Farnham Road Hospital in Guildford. This post is for 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist to develop and lead the dysphagia and communication pathways alongside a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of support workers, nursing, psychiatry, occupational therapy, psychology, physiotherapy and dietetics.
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive team of Speech and Language Therapists already working elsewhere in the learning disability, neurodevelopmental, children and young persons, older age adults, and forensic services. The post holder will benefit from:
- Robust individual and group supervision opportunities
- Appraisal programme
- Opportunity to undertake level 5 Leadership training
- Active encouragement to access CPD and an excellent in house offering for soft skills courses
- Access to a newly appointed AHP lead
The post will also be supported by the Professional lead for Speech and Language Therapy and the AHP lead.
This role will require you to travel between multiple sites within your working day.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have a high degree of autonomy, providing high quality clinical care to people that use our services, as well as having a key role in supporting the development of skills across the inpatient wards and home treatment team, in relation to screening for and meeting the eating, drinking, swallowing and communication needs of people using our services. You will also be contributing to service and policy development. The post holder will be passionate about the rights and welfare of people with mental health needs and see person-centred care as a cornerstone of their practice.
Please check the job description & person specification document for more information on the requirements for this job.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description & person specification document for more information on the requirements for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Speech and Language Therapy professional qualification and further training and experience to masters level or equivalent
- A qualification in the assessment and management of dysphagia
- HCPC Registration
- Additional leadership/management study
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant post qualification clinical experience working with with people who have mental health needs
- Experience of leading clinical practice, service development or project work
- Highly specialist knowledge of relevant assessment and treatment models for people with mental health needs
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to others
- Experience of supporting students on placement
- Experience of representing Speech and Language Therapy within a service and Trust
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Farnham Road Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.