We are seeking a Community Learning Disability Nurse at Band 6 to join our supportive and innovation Community Learning Disability Team.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, person centred individual with excellent communication skills who will be joining our well established Community Learning Disability Team.
We aim to provide high quality, community based, integrated services for adults with learning disabilities. As such, we are seeking an individual with a passion for working within and improving learning disability services.Main duties of the job
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well-motivated Learning Disability Nurse to work as part of our multi-disciplinary community team providing services to adults with Learning Disabilities. The team covers the South Staffordshire area.
The post holder will hold a caseload and work autonomously. They will use a variety of approaches with service users who have complex needs including autism. Previous knowledge and experience of working with people with learning disabilities would be essential and experience of working with people with a learning disability and mental needs would be an advantage.
The community team consists of nurses, psychologists, consultant psychiatrists, speech and language therapy, physio, health facilitation, health care support worker and OT's. The post holder will visit clients in their own homes, day services, residential care homes or other community settings.
This is a specialist band 6 post with clinical responsibility for assessing, diagnosing and managing identified needs for adults with learning disability who are eligible for the CLDT. It is a community role within a specialist MDT and the post offers the opportunity for active contribution to team working. There are opportunities to develop skills, interests and competencies within the role.About us
By joining Team MPUFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rate s
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To take responsibility for a clinical caseload in the area of LearningDisabilities in the South Staffordshire Community Learning Disability Team.
To be an autonomous practitioner within the team with access to clinical supervision on a regular basis.
To carry out assessments including gathering complex information from clients, carers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team. This may include the use of specialist standardised and non-standardised assessment tools, verbal and non-verbal communication skills and observation of the client and their environment. It may also involve carrying out assessments jointly with other professionals.
To work across multi-disciplinary/multi-agency teams involved in the delivery of care. Including liaison and negotiation around complex situations, co-operative working and demonstration of knowledge of multi-agency / interagency approaches.
Please see job description for further information Qualifications and Training
Degree or Diploma in LD nursing
Any other relevant qualification which assists in meeting people with learning disabilities
ENB 998 Teaching and assessing in clinical practice or equivalent
Registered with the NMC Experience
Experience of working with people with a learning disability and complex needs Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The application of nursing models and theories into practice affecting assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of interventions
Knowledge of how to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
Ability to communicate effectively with people who have difficulty understanding
Please see person specification for further informationPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of working with people with LD
- Experience of working with people with complex needs eg mental health, Autism
- Experience of working within a MDT
- Experience of CPA and use of the Mental Health Act
- Experience in clincially supervising others
- Degree/diploma in LD Nursing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Mentorship qualification
- Post qualification CPD
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Hospital, Corporation Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.