Are you ready to embark on a new career journey?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Children's nurse to be part of our CYP team. We are looking for applicants who do not shy away from a challenge and who want to truly make a difference.
At Kettering we work with a clear vision of delivering 'Excellence', the Matron will work alongside the Clinical Director & Pathway Manager providing leadership and management with particular responsibility to the Nursing Care provision within the Directorate and as part of the Nursing team. You will be a highly visible and will work with teams of professionals to provide an effective and efficient service to patients through leadership, supervision and an robust governance process.
As our CYP Matron you will be accountable operational management of the nursing workforce, guaranteeing provision of high quality evidence based nursing practice which will be delivered within theatres. Our Matron will be a strong clinical leader, easily identifiable, highly visible and accessible to patients, families & staff. You will support the development of Clinical Governance and Service Improvement, to modernise patient services and ensure the active involvement of CYP in the way services are developed, delivered and evaluated. Leading by example he/she will support and develop improvements in standards of clinical care and have the authority to get the essential components of care right for Children, young people and their families.Main duties of the job
- Professional lead and role model demonstrating advanced knowledge of the field of Children and Young People services.
- Professionally lead, non-medical healthcare professionals and personnel within a designated specialty enabling them to exercise professional judgment within a framework of accountability and governance advising the Divisional Head of Nursing and Divisional Director of key issues and risks.
- Responsible for the operational management and professional leadership of a defined group of clinical areas and their staff
- Promote, lead and influence the provision of direct and indirect patient care and service delivery relating to patient flow through development, education and research within CYP.
- To be responsible for quality of the patients environment and lead on facilitating the changes which improve patient experience.
- To be highly visible and approachable leader to staff, patients, careers, families and the public ensuring that open channels of communication are created and sustained.
- As part of the corporate senior nursing team work in partnership to define, deliver and monitor the Nursing and Midwifery Strategy.
- Work with a wide range of professionals and agencies to deliver an effective patient- centered service within a defined area/field of specialism.
- To play a key operational role and maintain a proactive approach to managing patient flow.
- Provide professional leadership for recruitment and retention
- Deputise for the Head of Nursing CYP as required.
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighboring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values: Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Courageous and Accountable. Growth Opportunities:
We invest in your professional development, listening and helping you to reach your career goals. Be part of projects which have a positive impact on the department. Team:
Work alongside a team that truly cares about their patients and their team. I have worked on Skylark since qualifying as a children's nurse in 2021. The team I work with are really like a 2nd family, we all look out for one another and they have constantly supported me to gain the confidence and skills I need to progress my career further. - ElaineJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please take the time to read over the Job Description and Person Specification as this goes into further detail on the job role.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent level of education, training or experience
- NMC Registered Children's Nurse
- Teaching and assessing Qualification
- Considerable experience of leadership at Senior Ward Sister / Charge Nurse or equivalent experience level
- Management/Leadership Qualification
- Awareness of the NHS Agenda, national directives and all governance aspects of Health care
- Master's Degree/ Working towards
- Leadership of Clinical Governance and patient safety
- Experience of data analysis and audit evaluation
- Be able to manage traumatic / distressing incidents / scenes
- Ability to work on change management projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of developing constructive multi-disciplinary working
- Demonstrate experience of high level communication, including networking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed skills of persuasion, motivational, negotiating and communication
- Fine motor skills to perform clinical procedures
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.