The Health Protection Unit strives to improve standard of care and create a sense of physical health awareness amongst service users in a holistic manner. An exciting opportunity has arisen within the team for a well-motivated project manager to work in partnership with various stakeholders including the Integrated Care Board, General Practitioners, and other wider multi-disciplinary teams to support and provide leadership and direction for the nursing team, implementing and overseeing the delivery of a 12-month project. The project, Health Positive, aims to support identified cohorts of service users on the SMI register to access their annual physical health checks and vaccinations.Main duties of the job
Leading on the implementation and delivery of the Health Positive project alongside the Clinical Lead, Integrated Care Board and other relevant stakeholders.
In this role, the post holder will work to manage the delivery of safe and effective nursing care to all identified patients.
Ensuring the needs of clinical and operational staff, service users and carers are embedded within the delivery of change and transformation.
The role is the delivery of evidence-based practice for patients with a severe mental illness demonstrating critical thinking and skills in decision-making.
The post holder will monitor the programme progress providing a quality service. Ensuring delivery of the Health Positive project on time, within budget and meeting all agreed quality standards and productivity contributions.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust. To make a positive difference in people's lives by improving health and wellbeing. Our Values
- People first- We focus on our colleagues, in the knowledge that a well-supported, engaged and empowered workforce results in good patient care
- Respect- We respect and value the diversity of our patients, colleagues and partners and support a respectful and inclusive environment
- Honesty- We are open and transparent in all we do
- Do your best- We work closely with our partners to achieve the best possible outcomes for people.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesManagerial/Leadership Responsibilities:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- Free on-site parking
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- Support, manage and provide leadership within the team, providing line management and performance management.
- Collaborating in the development and improvement of the project tools and methods.
- Mitigating risks and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Provide clear and timely IPC advice in new service development, service level agreements/contracts and procurement of equipment, to meet required standards and facilitate effective use of resources.
- Planning, supporting, executing and monitoring the project delivery outcomes.
- To represent the Health Positive project and/or organisation at internal and external professional meetings and to feedback appropriately.
Planning and Organisational skills required for the post.
- The post holder will be able to manage complex facts or situations requiring analysis, ability to access up to date clinical evidence and formulate solutions, making proposals and recommendations.
- The post holder will review and use qualitative assessment to ensure compliance with a range of targets.
- The role will require analytical skills with the ability to understand data, evaluate evidence and disseminate appropriately according to public health need.
Research and Development
- To ensure an integrated approach across the locality and partnership working with key locality stakeholders.
- Project manage commissioned public health focused programme and service, effectively and efficiently managing and leading a team to deliver agreed outcomes and quality standards within a given timescale.
- Organising broad range of complex activities, formulates and adjusts plans or strategies to meet the needs of public health initiative within DHCFT.
- To plan, coordinate and evaluate audits, contributing to up to date evidence-base.
Standards and Requirements for Healthcare Organisations
- Ensure that research and audit activity is consistent with Trust standards, and that results are shared with other teams as appropriate.
- Promote an environment of lifelong learning and actively support involvement in research activity at all levels.
- Actively engage in the Health Positive research project such as a service evaluation, working with the research team and external stakeholders to produce new evidence-based learning and disseminate appropriately.
Governance and Risk
- Work closely with clinicians, managers and Pathway Leads to ensure that services are providing optimum quality of care in line with national healthcare standards.
- Ensure that service areas meet or exceed relevant Care Quality Commission (CQC) Standards for registration and continues to comply with licensing requirements and local healthcare targets
- To lead, provide and support an effective quality service that is defined by national and local quality indicators.
- Promote a culture where governance and risk management are seen to be everyones responsibility.
- To develop appropriate processes for identifying, assessing, managing, and monitoring potential risks, as well as triggering appropriate actions to address identified issues whilst ensuring staff are clear about their roles and responsibilities.
- To carry out investigations into complaints, performance, serious incidents, and where appropriate follow through recommendations in a timely manner.
- To carry out investigations and root cause analyses of preventative programmes and reflective practice reviews of serious adverse incidents including outbreaks within the Trust.
Job Outcomes: As a result of the post-holder being effective in their role, The Trust would expect to see the following outcomes for the Trust, our people, our patients and the wider community:
- Regularly review the team workforce to ensure it has the right numbers and the right level of knowledge skill and expertise skill to deliver services in the most effective and efficient way.
- Ensure that all staff in the team are regularly appraised and have a Personal Development Plan which supports the Trusts vision and values and delivery of the divisional business plan.
- Contribute to assurance that the Division has an integrated workforce plan across teams to ensure continuity of high-quality care.
- Education and Teaching Ensure that training, education, and development is accessible to all clinical and non-clinical staff, in a variety of formats, recognising the diverse needs of the workforce.
- Ensure that all staff across the team undertake core mandatory and clinical mandatory training in line with Trust and service requirements. Promote a culture of lifelong learning for all staff.
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as a leading provider of community services, mental health care, physical health, addiction services and learning disability care.
- Service users receiving a high-quality service and one which is free from stigma, discrimination and harm and is clinically safe from harm in any of our settings.
- Staff engaged with the delivery, innovation and continuous improvement of services to benefit service users to ensure safe care delivery and safe working environments.
- Visible and responsive leadership, setting the standard for others and role-modelled throughout the Trust for all colleagues.
- The Trust values of Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Respectfulness,
Enthusiasm and Support will be embedded across the division for all staff and evident to service users.Person SpecificationAttainment/QualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree attained
- Evidence of post graduate courses/CPD
- Good working knowledge of IT packages
- Project management qualification
- Minimum of 2 years working in a mental healthcare setting
- Management qualification or relevant experience
- Ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel (or similar office software packages)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Highly developed communication skills, analytical and problem solving
- Prince 2.
- Research and development skills / experience
- Quality Improvement project work
- Ability to think creatively about opportunities for service development.
- Experience of working with individuals with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs and their physical health needs
- Post graduate experience within a public health related field
- Experience of working in and managing a changing environment and demonstration of effective change management, innovation and solution focused approaches to service improvement
- Experience of developing and delivering public health initiatives
- Experience of implementing significant changes in working practices
- Experience of managing non-clinical staff and other professionals
- Evidence of undertaking audit and research
- Ability to inspire confidence and influence and motivate others through example.
- To be able to demonstrate compassionate and inclusive leadership
- Resilience and determination to see a task through
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Value & support other people
- Engage and Encourage
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.