We are looking for a Band 5 Trainee Fertility Nurse/Midwife to join the Fertility Team. This is a training post and you will work closely with the Specialist Nurses/Midwives and Medical Staff to develop the appropriate clinical competencies.
You will work alongside Specialist Nurses to provide information, support and advice for infertile couples and those seeking assisted conception within Cambridge IVF/the Department of Reproductive Medicine. In conjunction with the Specialist Nurses and Medical staff, co-ordinate investigations and assess, plan, implement and evaluate the highest standard of clinical care to meet the individual needs of patients.Main duties of the job
This is a training post and you will work closely with the Specialist Nurses and Medical staff to develop the appropriate competencies
To work alongside Specialist Nurses to provide information, support and advice for infertile couples and those seeking assisted conception within Cambridge IVF/ the Department of Reproductive Medicine.
You will work alongside the Specialist Nurses and Medical staff team to co-ordinate investigations and assess, plan, implement and evaluate the highest standard of clinical care to meet the individual needs of patients
Working in conjunction with the specialist nurses, work within agreed guidelines and procedures to provide timed treatment plans for all aspects of fertility treatmentAbout usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values ofTogether - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes. Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities �3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months' rent subject to eligibility
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Personal Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date : Midnight 23rd November 2023.
Interviews to be held on the 4th December 2023 Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces. For Candidates applying from outside the UK
If you require sponsorship for a Visa to work in the UK, to avoid disappointment, please check you are not applying from a Red list country - Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Nurse or Midwife with effective registration on the NMC Register
- Previous experience of working as a qualified Nurse
- Ability to provide information and advice to members of the public and staff in a polite and courteous manner
- Previous experience of working in a multi-professional team
- Women's health Nursing in for example: Gynaecology, Family Planning, Recovery nursing
- Midwifery experience
- Previous experience of responsibility for staff on lower bands
- Previous experience of actively partaking in clinical / quality management audits
- Previous experience of actively partaking in reviews of clinical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or policies
- Previous experience of implementing improvements to services
- To have an awareness of fertility nursing and the national provision of care
- Awareness of related professional issues
- Knowledge of how to obtain and record informed consent
- Knowledge of nurse and medical prescribing
- To be aware of the ethical considerations of some treatments
- Understanding of the purpose of research in this field and the need to contribute to it
- Knowledge of the HFEA's Code of Practice
- Knowledge of stock control processes
- Knowledge of the safe and effective use of fertility medication and sedation
- Ability to create, amend and save Word and Excel documents
- Ability to complete work tasks to deadlines and to a specified standard
- Ability to perform role in different environments
- Ability to provide kind, safe, and excellent care to sedated and non-sedated patients
- Ability to successfully perform venipuncture
- Ability to accurately document events verbally, in hand-written form and electronically typed
- Completion of Word training
- Completion of Excel training
- Previous experience using Dinamap and Dash monitors
- Ability to perform successful cannulation
- Previous experience of using RI Witness and IDEAS software
- Able to perform / assist with female ultrasound scan assessments - Evidence of being able to assist in theatre procedures
- Evidence of counselling skills / breaking bad news in a caring and effective manner
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to use ones initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to show patience and understanding
- Eager to contribute to change and development within the unit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working at Addenbrooke's Hospital or as part of Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.