A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our compassionate and dynamic service. We are looking for a Psychological Therapist, Art Therapists or Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to join our Specialist Community Eating Disorders Service. The Community Eating Disorder Service is a welcoming and compassionate team, which has won the 2018 AWP Trust Service User's and Carer's Award. The srvice has recently undergone transformation and expansion as part of national and regional developments. These develoments are providing excellent opportunities for career development, training, creativity, leadership and innovation for the right candidate!
We are looking for someone with an interest in working with people living with eating disorders. People living with an eating disorder are often stigmatised and marginalised we're therefore keen to find somebody with a keen sense of compassion and equality. You'll be closely supported by the MDT, and there will additionally be opportunities for specialist training.Main duties of the job
You will provide a resource around the assessment, treatment and support of people living with eating disorders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide clinical supervision to junior clinicians within the eating disorders team. They will provide specialist psychological treatments for users of the community service. Specialist supervision will be provided.
This is an excellent career development opportunity to further develop your specialist knowledge and skills in working with people living with eating disorders.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To fulfil a comprehensive role as a highly specialised Senior Psychological Therapist within the STEPs adult eating disorder team.
To carry out specialist assessments and provide specialist therapy to individuals and groups as appropriate and maintain associated records.
To undertake Research and Development, service evaluation and clinical audit.
To clinically supervise trainees, assistants and team members as appropriate to level of experience.
To offer training to staff in the STEPs team and other staff where appropriate.
To offer consultation to staff in the STEPs team and other staff where appropriate.
To support the full implementation of CPA acting as a care co-ordinator as appropriate to the needs of the service.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree and Masters level qualification or equivalent experience
- Doctoral clinical/counselling psychology qualification, or qualification as psychotherapist or arts psychotherapist at an accredited training institution
- HCPC registration or professional registration as an adult psychotherapist
- Qualified CBT Therapist accredited with BABCP or other relevant body
- Experience of working with a wide range of individuals with complex MH problems
- Experience of delivering and/or training in CBT or Cognitive Interpersonal Therapy for or focal psychodynamic therapy for anorexia nervosa
- In-depth knowledge of at least one relevant therapeutic model
- Experience of multidisciplinary working within an adult MH NHS setting
- Experience of formulating a person's difficulties from a psychological perspective and communicating to service users
- Experience of offering clinical supervision and/or facilitating reflective practice sessions
- Knowledge, experience and interest in working with client group
- Knowledge, training or experience in/of CBT-E Cognitive interpersonal therapy for Anorexia Nervosa
- Experience of leadership and/or service development within NHS services
- Knowledge and experience of service evaluation and research
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective Team Player with good communication and liaison skills
- Empathy/engagement skills with the client
- Ability to cope with workload pressures/priorise workload
- Ability to work autonomously
- Well organised with good administration/computer skills
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Blackberry Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.