Are you passionate about delivering high quality urgent care services? We are looking to recruit experienced and motivated Urgent Care Practitioners to join our established teams in providing minor injury and illness services across Harrogate Emergency Department and Ripon Minor Injury Unit.
Completion of a university accredited minor injury and illness qualification is essential to this role as is prior working experience in an autonomous role within urgent or emergency care
The successful applicant will receive a bespoke supernumerary induction programme provided by a Practice Educator dedicated to supporting and developing staff within our urgent care services.
All roles are underpinned by a competency framework with clear objectives for individuals to achieve and includes opportunities to identify individual development needs.Main duties of the job
- To provide a patient centred service, ensuring appropriate, effective and seamless care
- To practice as a autonomous practitioner, demonstrating clinical knowledge and competence in the management of minor illness.
- Prioritise own workload on a daily basis to meet the needs of the service and prioritise patients based on clinical need. Escalate appropriately to colleagues for assistance with workload if patient care would otherwise become compromised
- Supply/administer appropriate medications within agreed Patient Group Directions or as independently prescribed.
- To provide evidence based practice within an unscheduled care environment
- Support and facilitate the delivery of clinical governance within the service
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
- At a local level contribute to the evaluation and review of each shift and share any learning with the wider team, assisting in the implementation of any necessary adjustments to meet service needs
- To understand and comply with Trust policies and proceduresincluding adverse incident reporting and complaints procedure
- Supervise junior clinicians in gaining skills and knowledge in urgent care through competency and portfolio development to meet service needs as and when required
- Promote effective collaborative working relationships with health and social care staff in primary/community care and those in other statutory and voluntary services
- In line with local guidelines, reflect on own practice and performance through effective use of professional and operational supervision and appraisal
- Either Registered Nurse or HCPC Registered Paramedic
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Mentorship/equivalent teaching qualification
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary health and social care team
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Primary Care, Urgent or Emergency Care setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of working in variety of clinical settings
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital / Ripon Minor Injuries Unit
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.