Previous applicants need not apply *** Please note you must be a qualified ACP and not currently in training***
The post holder will practice independently within the Consultant led ACU and be a role model of the four pillars of Advanced Practice. This clinically focussed role will encompass the post holder providing exemplary patient-centred and sound evidenced based care to patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide clinical coordination of a multi-disciplinary team across different areas of the department, clinical floor management responsibilities, education and mentorship, senior clinician support, second opinion advice and support to junior clinicians during a span of duty. The post holder will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and clinical attributes, enabling them to provide expert clinical and professional support to other clinicians and staff within their area of work of the Urgent and Emergency Care (UEC) Division.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities. Benefits to you
27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
NHS Pension Scheme:
Flexible working opportunities
Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
Career development and training
Wellbeing support and activities
In-house physiotherapy Service
On-site canteens with subsidised meals
Subsidised staff parking (currently free).
Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Working towards delivery of advanced standards of practice within the following key areas of practice and in line with the National Standards.
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Clinical demonstrate critical understanding of their broadened level of responsibility and autonomy and their own limits of competence and Scope of Practice.
- Management and Leadership able to role model effective leadership behaviours, show resilience and manage effective governance strategies, which support the agenda for change within the Trust.
- Education and Training able to identify, support and develop learning interventions for both self and team members.
- Audit and Research to look at areas for quality improvements to care, use audit processes and both formal and informal research methodsto improve service delivery.
- Master's Degree in Advanced Practice
- Registered Nurse or AHP
- Advanced clinical skills, including phlebotomy and venous cannulation
- Mentorship or teaching qualification
- Management qualification
- Recent acute care experience at AFC band 6 or above
- Competence in the interpretation of diagnostics and clinical decision making
- Up to date evidence of 4 Pillars of Practice
- Experience of teaching at informal and formal level
- Change management experience
- Previous autonomous practice as nurse practitioner
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working on a Trust committee or group
- Evidence of recent and ongoing continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership course/qualification
- Working knowledge of audit process and service review
- Good working knowledge of clinical assessment/diagnostics
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.