To provide evidence-based nutrition related education and accredited training to optimise the nutritional knowledge and skills of staff. The post holder will work across the Cwm Taf University Health Board area as part of the Public Health Dietetic team, working in partnership with a range of partner agencies.
This post will provide dietetic expertise, education, training and support to staff working across the life course. They will ensure a quality and outcome focus to the delivery of nutrition education programmes and wider services, will provide expert advice on the development, delivery and evaluation of Level 1 Nutrition Skills for LifeTM programmes and community-based initiatives. This post will audit their specialist area of public health practice and service delivery, to improve client care and present results to promote evidence-based practice.
They will contribute to the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of Nutrition Skills for LifeTM programmes in line with national and local priorities. The post holder will also support and implement health promoting programmes within local communities across Cwm Taf and develop effective working relationships with relevant community programme co-ordinators and delivery staff, as well as a variety of groups and partner organisations at both a local and national level.
Supervision and training of student Dietitians, dietetic support staff and other community basedstaff will also form part of this post.Main duties of the job
- Work autonomously, prioritising own specialist workload, balancing all service user related and professional demands and works to deadlines within time constraints.
- Prepare and deliver evidence-based group education sessions using appropriate teaching aids and principles of adult learning to include a variety of Agored Cymru Level 2 Community Food and Nutrition Skills qualifications.
- Design and deliver training sessions on behaviour change and facilitation of food related nutrition topics.
- To assess the requirements of learners and be able to adapt the delivery of courses to suit specific needs eg delivery of programmes outside core working hours
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of Level 1 Nutrition Skills for LifeTM programmes and related community initiatives, with personal responsibility of information accuracy, evidence base and quality assurance.
- Demonstrates understanding and acknowledges motivational principles and barriers in relation to change management, gaining the cooperation of others and demonstrates empathy and reassurance skills.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of Public Health Experience
Abilities / SkillsEssential
- Training to groups
- Working autonomously
- Supervising others
- Working as a MDT
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Time management
- Motivational skills for self and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Merthyr Tydfil / Bridgend
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.