An opportunity has arisen for a Stroke Specialist Occupational Therapist to support the setting up and delivery of the Stroke Early Supported Discharge Service.
The post holder will work closely with the Acute Stroke Team to ensure patients have access to specialist stroke assessments and rehabilitation in their own home to meet optimum functional recovery.Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to support the setting up and delivery of our Stroke Early Supported Discharge Team based at the Princess of Wales Hospital. As the Band 7 Occupational Therapist, you will support the the delivery of the Early Supported Discharge Team working with Technical staff and other key members of the multi disciplinary team .
The successful candidate will provide clinical leadership and support to Therapy Technicians and will initiate and lead on the planning, development and evaluation of the Early Supported Discharge Team.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential within this post. The successful candidate will need to plan and manage their time effectively, ensuring prioritisation of clinical and non clinical tasks to ensure effective workload management and the ability to respond flexibly to the needs of the service.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB is an innovative health board and has close links with our local authority partners and to deliver fully integrated community services.
With a proven track record of delivering quality services, demonstrating leadership, HR experience and service development, you will be joining a friendly, supportive and dynamicOccupational Therapy team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree/diploma in Occupational therapy
- Registered member of HCPC
- Management/leadership qualification
- Evidence of ability to work at Masters Level
- Management/leadership experience and skills
- Postgraduate clinical experience in the area of stroke
- Experience of service delivery in a variety of stroke settings
- Experience of research and audit
- Experience of supervision/management of staff
- Awareness of current professional issues
- Ability to use reflective practice
- Ability to work well under pressure within wider multi/interdisciplinary team
- Presentation skills
- Autonomous practitioner with excellent personal organisational skills
- Clinical reasoning skills
- Evidence of delivering/assessing competency based learning
- Ability to reflect and objectively appraise own and others performance
- Extensive knowledge about stroke/neuro conditions
- Knowledge of factors that can influence discharge
- Detailed knowledge of professional ethics/standards
- Knowledge of graded theraputic interventions
- knowledge and application of principles of clinical governance and risk management
- Fieldwork Educator
- Knowledge of standardised/non-standardised assessments
- Knowledge of national drivers for health profession
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to engage and lead a professional team
- Adaptive skills that embrace change and new developments
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to unpredictable demands
- Committed to continuous improvement and personal/service development
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.