The Urology specialist practitioner team is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual who can work autonomously, to join our fantastic, busy team. We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of safe care. We are looking for an individual who has our patients best interest at heart. We want a person who can provide expert advice and deliver specialist AHP nursing procedures in relation to cancer and urological patients. A holistic approach to care as patients go through their cancer journey is crucial to the wellbeing and overall patient experience
You must have excellent organisation and communication skills and be able to work as part of a busy multidisciplinary team.
In return you will be offered excellent support from the experienced urology CNS's to develop your knowledge and understanding. You will also be supported to learn and in time become confident to manage your own case load. An initial supervised status will be in place to allow for a robust induction agenda to be facilitated, followed by continued support
Please contact the Urology Specialist AHP nurses team for further information on 01772 525359/ 01257 247729Main duties of the job
You will work as an autonomous Clinical Nurse or AHP Specialist and have a designated case load and coordinate and plan the care as keyworker for cancer patients.
Within your role, you will expert advice related to specific conditions or treatment pathways whilst focusing on improving patient care and service development. You'll assess patients holistically, plan, implement and evaluate evidence based care.
You will provide specialist advice to patient families and carers and the wider multidisciplinary team and carry out specialist nursing procedures in relation to cancer and urological patient.About us
We have 10000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To contribute to the development of the workforce through delivering education and training.
- To lead service development within the team
- To participate in research activity and clinical audits in own specialist area
- To work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure the cohesive management of patients.
- To act as a key worker for designated patients as appropriate across the patients pathway.
- Supervises and delivers a range of clinical and core nursing skills and interventions to meet physiological and psychosocial needs.
Please see the details within the job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and Safeguarding and the relevance of these to practice
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ethical issues
- Evidence of clinical competence in area of speciality eg surgery
- Knowledge of local/national Health and Social Care policy
- Knowledge and experience of research
Qualifications & EducationEssential
- Experience of managing within a clinical area
- Knowledge of the PDPR Process
- Evidence of working at a senior nursing level
- Experience of budgetary management
- Experience in nurse-led clinics
- Experience in developing guidelines or protocols
- Appropriate NMC /AHP Registration
- Mentorship qualification
- Post Registration Qualifications relevant to the role
- Degree level qualification
- Advanced communication skills
- Cancer nursing/ahp experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership qualification
- NMP (if appropriate to profession)
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.