We have fantastic opportunities to recruit passionate, dedicated and highly motivated mental health and learning disability nurses that are excited to be part of the Male Secure Service based at Reaside, South Birmingham. Vacancies are available on the Intensive Care Unit, Acute Wards and Rehabilitation wards. You will work alongside a team of professionals to develop therapeutic rapport with all service users enabling them to develop a range of skills supporting their recovery.
You will act as a positive role model for staff and service users in a manner that positively reflects the Trauma Informed Ward Environment and champions the core values of the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse committed to delivering care within a Secure setting.Main duties of the job
- RMN & LD Qualified willing to work in a busy challenging roleo Excellent understanding of Safeguardingo Understanding of Multidisciplinary Serviceso NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)o Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983o Patient centred & commitment to delivering high quality careo Excellent organisational capabilityo Effective communication skillso Flexible approach to work and a strong can do attitude
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationCLINICAL & TECHNICAL SKILLSEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (including in training)
- Delivers care and treatment based on research/ evidence
- Basic keyboard skills
- Relevant Nurse Assessor qualification
- Evidence of continued professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of supervising a team
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.