Due to the nature of this unit, the post holder must be female. This provision applies under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, section 7 (2)(B) in relation to a genuine occupational qualification.
We are Barts Health and we are looking for female Radiographers interested in becoming Mammographers.
There can be a lot of reasons you'd want a change of direction perhaps you've had enough of your current Radiographic life, perhaps you want to specialise in something but nothing on offer suits you, perhaps you want to work regular hours. Whatever your reasons, Breast Imaging is a good choice to make. You'll still be a Radiographer, you'll still deal with people and all the reasons you came into the profession will still be there and you'll have the opportunity to do and be so much more besides.
You will work with a team of dedicated professionals, intent upon bringing the highest quality imaging to our population. You will train in Mammographic practice and undertake the Certificate of Professional Practice in Mammography. You will be mentored through your training and encouraged to succeed. Once you have achieved the qualification you will practice as a Mammographer, undertaking Screening Assessment and Symptomatic studies. You will then have the opportunity to complete the programme to progress to Band 7. You will be part of a team who support each other and deliver excellent care
Please see attached full AdvertMain duties of the job
The Trainee Mammographer role is to learn and develop all aspects of mammographic practice, attending an approved training course and fulfilling all requirements to attain the Certificate of Mammography. Once qualified they will continue to work as a Mammographer at Band 6, ready to provide a high quality and responsive Mammography service as part of a multi-disciplinary team within Breast Imaging. They will work to attain Band 7 competencies and if they attain the required standard will progress to Band 7.
Working to a very high technical standard and responsible for their own work, they will liaise closely with other team members to ensure the appropriate imaging is provided in a timely manner where it is needed.
Working primarily in the Symptomatic service, they will also be called upon to provide Screening Assessment as part of a Service Level Agreement from Barts Health to Central and East London Breast Screening Service (CELBSS). The Post Holder should be familiar with and will take part in Breast Screening Quality AssuranceAbout us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environmentJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Legally and professionally responsible for all aspects of their practice, working to ensure their own personal repeat rate lies within the current NHSBSP guidance and taking part in Peer Review.
Ensuring all patients/clients receive high quality care which is responsive to their individual needs and sufficiently flexible to embrace their personal circumstances.
Maintaining sufficient concentration to ensure all elements of the role are completed satisfactorily.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Hold DCR(R) or BSc Hons degree (or equivalent) in Diagnostic Imaging
- Current and up-to-date Registration with the HCPC.
- Significant post graduate experience in Radiography.
- Previous experience of Mammography
- Experience of a wide range of Radiographic modalities
- Experience of working within the NHS Breast Screening Programme.
- Working Knowledge of Ionising Radiation Regulations - IRR2017 and IR(ME)R2017
- Up to date knowledge current and emerging issues in the world of Breast Imaging and Breast treatment.
- Working knowledge of Mammographic techniques and procedures.
- Understanding and knowledge of NHSBSP and Quality Assurance Programme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Pro-active in team-building and departmental issues.
- High professional standards and ability to produce work of a high technical standard
- Be able to learn new skills and adapt technique to changes in best practice.
- Logical with problem-solving skills, maturity, flexibility and the ability to think on your feet.
- Resilience with the ability to work well under pressure and co-ordinate a complex workload.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to assess and respond rapidly to client/patient personality Literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- Ability to supervise junior staff and students.
- Ability to train junior staff and students in mammographic and other techniques
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to encourage junior staff and students in their work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to share ideas, information and feedback.
- Willingness to speak up in meetings.
- Able to communicate with colleagues at all levels throughout the organisation
- Able to give clear instruction to people who for various reasons may have difficulty understanding
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
St Bartholomew's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.