Are you looking to develop your leadership and clinical skills in a specialist area?
Are you passionate about mental health and providing medicines optimisation for patients with mental health conditions?
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, we are seeking a confident, experienced, enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist who is passionate about improving patient care to join our pharmacy team.
The successful applicant will lead the clinical pharmacy team based at Berrywood Hospital, Northampton, and support the team to further develop the clinical pharmacy service to adult and older people's mental health inpatient wards, a low secure unit and CAMHs wards.
Whilst based at Berrywood hospital, there will be clear links for the post holder to our inpatient team based at St Mary's Hospital in Kettering and our community based mental health pharmacists.
We are committed to developing our staff and there will be an opportunity to undertake the Non-Medical Prescribing qualification (if you are not already a prescriber) as well as developing your leadership knowledge and skills.Main duties of the job
As the lead pharmacist for Mental Health (Berrywood Hospital) the post holder will
- Lead and deliver a clinical pharmacy service for mental health inpatient areas at Berrywood hospital
- Be responsible for providing medicines management advice within NHFT (including Adult Mental Health, Older Peoples Services, CAMHS, and Learning Disabilities)
- Provide education on medicines to other healthcare staff, patients and carers.
- Train, teach and supervise junior pharmacists, foundation pharmacists, pharmacy undergraduates, pharmacy technicians and pre-registration pharmacy technicians.
- Lead and develop audit and support research in relevant clinical areas.
- Support the development and implementation of medicines related policies, guidelines and protocols within Mental Health inpatient services.
Post registration experience within mental health is essential.About us
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters pharmacy degree, or equivalent
- Registration with the GPhC
- Evidence of recent continuing personal learning
- Post-graduate qualification e.g. Clinical pharmacy diploma
- Independent/supplementary prescriber
- Post-graduate Mental health qualification e.g. Postgraduate certificate/diploma in Psychiatric therapeutics ( Aston)
- Post registration experience within the NHS/Mental health care settings
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of planning, implementing, analysing, reporting and changing practice through audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of developing and implementing medicines management policies and procedures
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.