The Beacon Centre at Musgrove Park Hospital is home to a progressive radiotherapy service with state of the art facilities, including Toshiba CT-Simulator, three Elekta linear accelerators, one new XStrahl superficial x-ray unit, mould room, molecular radiotherapy service in development and service-wide surface-guided radiotherapy undergoing installation.
The successful candidate will join a team of 12 Clinical Oncologists, 19 Physics staff, 46 Radiographers, Assistant Practitioners, Apprentices, Students and Support Officers. With a passion for professional development and career progression, the service has fostered an array of radiographer-led practice, including Advanced Practitioners in Breast, Palliative, Urology, Skin, Head & Neck, Late Effects, Quality, Research & Development and Technical Radiotherapy. Consultant Radiographer practice extends into Palliative, Breast, Urology and Late Radiation Effects specialties. Beyond this, the team values a culture which is passionately committed to patient-focused, innovative, high-quality care.
This exciting role will see you develop your leadership skills as a key member of the treatment delivery and pre-treatment teams, working flexibly and engaging in service developmentMain duties of the job
Responsible for the day-to-day management of a treatment/ preparation area in the department, ensuring that high standards are maintained and that staff are kept up-to-date with operational and technological developments
To undertake management responsibilities for a treatment team, ensuring that trust policies are applied consistently:
- To plan and /or deliver accurate radiotherapy treatment
- Be recognised and accessible as an expert in their specified field of radiotherapy, continuously developing clinical practice, giving expert advice and disseminating knowledge to the profession and to a wider health care arena
- Use expert knowledge to identify gaps in the evidence base, making a critical analysis of new evidence and its relevance, and contribute to this evidence base by participating in high quality audit and research programmes
- To use highly developed communication skills to support patients and carers in informed decision making about their care
- To be involved with the development of Radiotherapy Services
- To assist and deputise for the Radiotherapy CSLs in their absence
The Beacon Centre provides radiotherapy services to patients from Somerset and surrounding areas. The centre is located at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, with oncology services at Taunton and Yeovil District General Hospital.
Living in the southwest of England, you'll also get to experience life in the West Country, taking advantage of easy access to some of the UK's most desirable locations. From the beaches of the Jurassic Coast, North Devon and Cornwall, to the cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath, and Exeter Taunton offers all the perks while still being less than two hours from London.
Nestled between areas of outstanding natural beauty and the idyllic rolling hills of Exmoor, Taunton has a diverse range of shopping andrestaurants, and boasts sporting arenas such as the County Cricket Ground, regularly hosting international fixtures, as well as featuring national hotspots for cycling, surfing, and climbing, such as Cheddar Gorge, with an abundance of music festivals and local traditions.
With excellent educational opportunities and an abundance of picturesque countryside, we think there is nowhere better.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the full job description and person spec attached. Main responsibilities are listed above.
We welcome informal discussions prior to your application, please contact Danielle on 01823 342 812 or to arrange a visit to our Radiology Department.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography or Diploma of College of Radiographers DCR[T
- Evidence of Expert/specialist Practice / post graduate qualification
- Radiotherapy related master's Degree (or working towards)
- Wide experience with equipment, techniques and in leading a team
- Experience in leading a major project in radiotherapy development/planning projects/programmes and delivering on time and introduction of new techniques into clinical practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to undertake skill mix reviews and develop competency matrices
- UK driving licence with ability and willingness to travel throughout the Trust sites
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.