Support the CYP leadership team, and Sister / Charge Nurses in implementing education, training and practice development strategies.
Support the concept of continuing professional development through the delivery of relevant programmes of education and training across CYP directorate.
Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of education, training and development across the CYP directorate.
Work clinically alongside registered and non-registered staff promoting and delivering education practice and the implementation of policies to ensure a workforce 'fit for purpose' and 'fit for practice'.
In partnership with higher education institutions support the education, training and development of learners on both Pre and post Registration programmes.
Our PDN will be a strong clinical leader, easily identifiable, highly visible and accessible. Leading by example he/she will support and develop improvements in standards of clinical care and have the authority to get the essential components of care right for, children, young people and their families.Main duties of the job
- You will be expected to work innovatively within the Education Team towards the delivery of CIP Plans
- Actively facilitate staff development by ensuring all staff receive an effective Preceptorship.
- Actively facilitate staff development and support through clinical supervision and act as a supervisor and mentor.
- Ensure all staff undertake and complete a comprehensive local induction programme.
- Communicate effectively with the Education and Practice Development Team (Divisional and Trust), Matrons, Clinical Teams, Medical and AHP staff and Divisional Management Teams.
- Share best practice in the clinical area and outside of the Directorate.
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighbouring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values: Compassion Respect Integrity Courageous AccountableJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the Shortlisting Criteria section of the document.Person SpecificationEducation, Training & QualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent level of education, training or experience
- Recognised NMC Teaching and Assessing Qualification or equivalent
- NMC Registered Children's Nurse
- Post-basic Specialist Qualification
- Evidence of the development and delivery of education/training programmes.
- Management/Leadership Qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Master's Degree/ Working towards
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.