We are looking for a dynamic individual to become the Lead Nurse of our Endoscopy service at Hampshire Hospitals. We are looking for a senior nurse who has a passion for Endoscopy and wants the opportunity to lead a strong department and develop the future strategy for Endoscopy.
The Lead Nurse for Endoscopy is accountable for the clinical and operational management of the Endoscopy units across our 3 sites, Andover War Memorial Hospital, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and the Royal Hampshire County Hospital. The post holders' responsibility is to facilitate an efficient and productive department, close engagement with the Consultant body and holding budgetary responsibility of the service area.
The Lead Nurse will be the Trust expert and lead for the JAG Accreditation process and also lead on developing the forward plan for Endoscopy aligned to the Modernising our Hospitals and Health Services (MoHHS) programme.
The role requires a professional and motivated individual, with a proven track record of management. Experience of Endoscopy and the JAG Accreditation process are essential for this role.We are looking for someone to ensure safe clinical care within Endoscopy, in line with both JAG and CQC standards and the business needs of the trust.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please refer to the Job Description or contact us for more information.Main duties of the job
The post holder will oversee the delivery of high quality, safe and effective care focused on improving outcomes and experiences for patients, families and carers. The Lead Nurse will facilitate a broad team approach communicate effectively and deliver on the annual divisional strategic objectives.
To be able to demonstrate good current knowledge in the area and of proactive in relation to external regulatory standards, such as JAG, Care Quality Commission and current best practice in Endoscopy.
The post holder will work closely with the Operational Services Manager to ensure that Endoscopy services within their area of responsibility fulfil their agreed objectives, quality standards and achieve targets set out in the Divisional Business PlanAbout us
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs over 8,600 staff and has a turnover of over �450 million a year. As a Foundation
Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- Trust Lead for the JAG Accreditation process
- Effective and planned utilisation of all the Endoscopy capacity responsible for the management of the resources and communication between service users to maximise productivity
- Lead for ensuring quality and standards are met in line with strategic development and formulation of business plans.
- Financial accountability for Endoscopy Pay and Non-Pay budgets, managing resources efficiently, to meet agreed targets.
- To ensure that all staff groups within Endoscopy, including clinicians are engaged in the process of change management and service improvement projects.
- Member of the senior management team ensuring that strategic business and clinical directives are implemented and cascaded to staff.
- Responsible for the management of non-clinical staff within areas of responsibility.
- Registered Nurse
- Masters Degree or Relevant Experience
- Knowledge of Endoscopy and JAG
- Management/ Leadership Training
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Education in Specialty - i.e. JETS Workforce Training
- Extensive Experience as Senior Nurse
- Knowledge of National and Local NHS Agenda
- Knowledge of JAG Accreditation
- Staff and Resource Management Experience
Skills and AbilityEssential
- Transformation and Efficiency Projects
- Research in Endoscopy
- Advanced Clinical Leadership Skills
- Evidence of Reflective Practice
- Ability to work with MDT
- Ability to manage budgets
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project Management Skills
- Proven organisational influencing and motivational skills
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.