**1 x Fixed Term contract/secondment opportunity for up to 12 months** *Internal applicants who wish to be considered for a secondment opportunity should discuss with their line manager the suitability of a possible secondment*
Do you want to make a difference to the mental health of children and young people and shape early intervention services, plus have a really enjoyable job?
Gloucestershire Health and Care Trust has four established Young Minds Matter Mental Health Support Teams to work with schools. The aim of the team is to enable earlier and more effective mental health support for children, young people, their families and carers and increase resilience within school communities in managing mental health issues.
We are now expanding our team and we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed Band 6 Senior Mental Health Clinician who enjoys working within multi agency settingsto join the Mental Health Support Teams (MHST's).
The teams comprise of
The service welcomes those clinicians who may be currently working within other children's or adult mental health settings who have the necessary transferable clinical skills and experience.Main duties of the jobKey elements of the role are:
- Qualified CAMHS clinicians, Senior Mental Health Practitioners (SMHP - band 6)
- Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHP - Band 4 / 5)
- Partner agencies aiming to work within a THRIVE model (including Teens in Crisis (TIC+) and Early Help).
- School Mental Health Leads and wider school teams.
- Work in partnership with schools to deliver consultation, assessment of children/young people and a range of mental health interventions within school settings. This will involve direct work with children/young people as well as offering specialist consultation, signposting and advice to professional networks, including teaching staff.
- To provide case management supervision to both qualified and trainee EMHPs within the Mental Health Support Team.
- Be responsible and ensure the effective care co-ordination, support and advice around clinical care provided within schools, especially including consideration of safeguarding and clinical risk issues.
- Consult with teachers and school staff to identify children and young people with emerging mental health needs, as part of a whole school approach. This may include supporting the EMHP's in delivering parenting support, group work and psychoeducation within a school setting.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Professional Health or Social Care qualification: RNLD, RMHN, OT, MHSW
- Demonstrate current registration with a regulated professional body/ organisation: NMC, HCPC
- Evidence of formal post registration learning
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Post graduate training within a relevant CYPS/CAMHS field or skill
- Profession specific additional qualifications (i.e. LD, nurse prescriber, DBT, CBT, AMHP, family therapy or systemic practice)
- Clinical supervisor qualification/training/ accreditation
- Significant clinical experience of delivering evidence based/best practice clinical interventions within CAMHS or related services and/or adult mental health settings.
- Significant clinical experience of specialist care planning & case management/care coordination (including complex clinical risk assessment & management) within a mental health or learning disability setting.
- Experience of identifying and managing complex safeguarding concerns, including using formal processes to escalate safeguarding issues.
- Significant experience of providing personalised care planning to meet mental health or learning disabilities needs.
- Significant experience of delivering profession-based interventions within a clinical/therapeutic setting.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of undertaking specialist Self Harm assessments of children and young people.
- Significant experience of CAMHS related multi-agency collaborative working and joint care planning.
- Experience of providing specialist CAMHS related consultation/training and advice to partner agencies.
- Experience of providing CAMHS related training to other practitioners and/or specialist consultation/ support to partner agencies.
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL).
- Experience of providing clinical supervision.
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.