Senior Specialist Dental Nurse Department: Maxillofacial and Orthodontics Band 5 �28,407 - �34,581 per annum pro rata Hours: 32.5, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
We are seeking to recruit a qualified Senior Specialist Dental Nurse to work within our busy Outpatient Department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a progressive and developing environment.
If you are a motivated Dental Nurse and you possess a Dental Radiography Certificate and wish to gain or expand your experience in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics, please contact Melinda Berry on 01908 995298 for further details and to arrange an informal visit. Interview date: 19.12.23Main duties of the job
- Ensure the delivery of high quality professional care throughout the department
- Represent the department in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure all lines of communication are identified and used effectively.
- Maintain a high standard of chair side nursing care.
- Act as a mentor junior / student grades.
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMANAGERIAL
- Deputise on occasions in the absence of the Dental Nurse Team Manager
- Ensure all mandatory training implemented by the Trust is carried out.
- To ensure that patients and visitors needs are met in a courteous, helpful & compassionate way.
- Act as a named nurse for Department clinics.
- Provide chair side assistance for Orthodontic clinics.
- Assist clinicians facilitating four-handed orthodontic procedures.
- Provide chair side assistance for MaxilloFacial clinics
- Assist with head and neck trauma patients referred by Accident & Emergency Department utilising necessary expertise.
- Assist with invasive surgical procedures requiring a high degree of accuracy and dexterity.
- Set up sterile surgical trolleys with all relevant equipment for the proposed procedure.
- Take intra oral and extra oral radiographic examinations following a clinical prescription observing radiological policies and procedures.
- Critique and assess quality of images.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (Training / Education)
- Check portable drill and calibrate machine and motors prior to surgery.
- Check and test Blood Glucose monitor.
- Be conversant with policies and procedures relating to Fire and Health & Safety.
- Report all accidents and complaints in accordance with Trust policies and assist in investigations of complaints and accidents as required.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further details.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Work closely with medical colleagues providing dental nursing expertise.
- Maintain effective communication links both formal and informal with all staff and external professional agencies and bodies.
- National Certificate in Dental Nursing (NEBDN) Or equivalent
- National Certificate in Dental Radiography
- National Certificate in Conscious sedation
- Diploma in Dental Health Education
- National Certificate in Orthodontic nursing NEBDN
- Significant Dental Nursing Experience
- Maxillofacial Nursing
- Orthodontic Nursing
- NHS experience
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Effective Team Member
- Ability to use initiative
- High level of interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sympathetic and caring
- Evidence of CPD
- Evidence of appraisal
- Able to work well under pressure adapting as needed
- Flexible in approach to service delivery
- Good IT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Milton Keynes Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.