To be responsible for providing a high standard, fully comprehensive, multi-skilled cardiac investigative service in a professional manner, working to departmental guidelines whilst being accountable for own actions on both Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth sites.Main duties of the job
The post holder must have an up to date Immediate Life Support certificate (ILS) and will be required to carry out Independent ECG's and exercise stress tests and teaching. To independently analyse 24 hour tape ECGs. To perform cardiac investigations on wards especially those with high dependency patients and the critically ill.About us
Our people are our greatest asset. When we feel supported and happy at work, this positivity reaches those very people we are here for, the patients. Engaged employees perform at their best and our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) initiatives contribute to cultivate a culture of engagement. We have four staff networks, a corporate EDI Team and a suite of programmes and events which aim to insert the 5 aspirations: Improving representation at senior levels of staff with disabilities, from black, Asian, and ethnic minorities background, identify as LGBTQ+ and women, through improved recruitment and leadership development Widening access (anchor institution) and employability Improving the experience of staff with disability Improving the EDI literacy and confidence of trust staff through training and development Making equalities mainstream Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMANAGERIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- To interpret on a range of cardiac tests and give advice to medical staff if appropriate.
- To assist senior colleagues with administrative duties such as auditing and ordering of consumables.
- To maintain good communication and promote good relations with other directorates andhospitals.
- To have responsibility for reporting failures of equipment, liaising with colleagues and linemanagers.
- To have an understanding of local health and safety and risk assessment standards andpolicies. To work within these guidelines.
- To have an understanding of infection control and associated practices to be compliant withall Trust procedures.
- Reassures or comforts patients and relatives during or following cardiac investigations.
- To offer advice and guidance to patients, carers and other health professionals on cardiologyprocedures of patients conditions.
- To inform and promote guidelines and departmental policies to other healthcareprofessionals.
- To obtain informed consent from patients prior to undertaking procedures as appropriate to individual circumstances.
- To use cardiac department specific and hospital wide systems as appropriate
- To maintain own mandatory training, using tools available.
- To ensure that Health and Safety and Risk Assessment standards and policies are understood and enforced in the work place.
- To be flexible within working arrangements and on occasion to provide some out of hourssupport
- To provide cardiac Services as required to Community based clinics and work hubs travelling as required between sites.
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Physiology with Cardiac Specialism
- UK Resus Council Immediate Life Support
- UK Resus Council Intermediate Life Support
- Voluntary State registration (RCCP)
- Extensive Work placements in interventional and non-interventional departments.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Shows additional relevant skills obtained outside of degree program.
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS TrustAddress
University Hospital Lewisham
Lewisham High Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.