An opportunity has arisen to recruit a band 8a Mental Health ANP within the Community Dementia and Older Adult Service in the EAST Staffordshire locality, providing specialist assessment and treatment interventions across the older adult service pathways and following this up with specialist treatment and monitoring, alongside existing care services within the community.
Applicants should possess the knowledge and skills to enable them to work in the memory /dementia and older adult MH speciality, working with service users affected by all types of dementia and functional MH conditions. This incorporates working with challenging and complex cases associated to a dementia diagnosis and those with severe and enduring mental health conditions. Applicants should hold the ACP qualification or soon to be accredited.
Applicants will be will be part of the South Staffordshire Memory and Dementia and Older adult community service and working clinically in a designated locality providing support to the wider MDT
Applicants will be responsible for the delivery of a range of high-level specialist assessments, identifying risks and management plans in the process.Main duties of the job
- Delivery of a high standard of nursing care to individuals referred to older adult services.
- Provide a specialist mental health nursing assessment, care planning and to evaluate those experiencingdementia and mental health difficulties.
- To work in partnership with fellow team members and internal/external partners and stakeholders.
- To undertake their own professional development and compliance with mandatory training.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will supportyou by:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCheck out the videos below showcasing why you should grow your career here with us at MPFT:
- Supporting your career development and progression.
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccination every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
- And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
The Dementia and Older adult Pathways will provide you with a supportive environment in which to fully utilise and develop your skills and knowledge working in a community setting as part of a truly holistic system of health and social care.
If you would like to find out more about the team/post or to arrange a visit, please contact Matt Evans (Operational manager for Older adult services South Staffordshire) on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07850970576Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified and NMC Registered RMN or RN (Mental Health)
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Applicants should hold the ACP qualification or soon to be accredited.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of working effectively at a senior level in a community multi-disciplinary health and social care setting (mental health)
- Experience of working with a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies
- Evidence of promoting research, evidence based practice, clinical excellence and quality approaches to support outcome focussed care
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lichfield/Tamworth/Burton on Trent
South East Staffordshire
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.