Work as an Advanced Practitioner within the Rapid Response Service to provide assessment and interventions to prevent hospital admissions and facilitate discharges meet 2 hour Urgent Community Response standard guidance, Support patients on the Frailty and Respiratory Virtual ward.Main duties of the job
The Rapid Response Team is pleased to have secured additional resource to deliver NHS England's Community Agenda
We have a well-established integrated service and are now seeking an Advanced Practitioner to join us supporting people in their usual place of residence during a crisis.
Crisis may be due to a clinical condition which is a new or acute problem such as infection, an exacerbation of a chronic condition or a social crisis such as breakdown of unpaid carer arrangements causing an immediate health risk.
The Rapid Response Team provides an alternative pathway that will treat people at home where it is safe to do so to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and facilitate early safe discharge.
As an Advanced Practitioner you will have experience of working collaboratively within a community or acute setting, have excellent assessment, intervention, and communication skills.
You will be able to carry out comprehensive assessments and make autonomous decisions based on the data obtained.You will be a key decision maker on the patient's pathway during and post crisis.
You will support staff within the team through remote advanced consultation and clinical advice and supervision.
We will provide interdisciplinary induction, clinical supervision, and links to Primary Care Networks for prescribing and clinical support.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Assess patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems, making an assessment of their health care needs, based on highly-developed nursing or Paramedic knowledge and skills.
Screen patients for disease factors and early signs of illness.
Make differential diagnoses using decision-making and problem solving skills.
Develop with the patient a care plan for health and well-being to be implemented during crisis and post crisis response
Order necessary investigations and provide treatment and care both individually, as part of a team, and through referral to other agencies.
Have a supportive role in helping people to manage health or social crisis and live with illness.
Have the authority to admit or discharge patients from their caseload, and refer patients to other health care providers as appropriate.
Work collaboratively with other health care professionals and disciplines. Provide a leadership and consultancy function as required.
Support patients on the Virtual Ward, supporting the MDT .Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Clinical based Post-graduate Degree
- MSc Advanced Practice (or working towards)
- Five years post registration experience of which 3 years' experience are within speciality at a senior level
- Non-Medical Prescriber (V300)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Current registration with the NMC or HCPC
Experience and SkillsEssential
- Management Qualification
- Post basic qualification in speciality
- Evidence of extensive expert professional/clinical knowledge in acute care.
- Specialist clinical training and CPD in managing long term conditions.
- Effective communicator able to communicate complex and highly sensitive information
- Evidence of relevant involvement in meeting the Trust clinical governance objectives
- Evidence of effective people management and leadership skills
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Can demonstrate assertiveness, tact and diplomacy appropriately
- Evidence of working in the community setting
- Evidence of involvement in policy and practice change
- Evidence of proactive involvement in the mentorship and development of nurses and nursing practice or AHP's
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Prioritise against tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Work on own initiative
- Identify trends for analysis.
- Deal with confidential information
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Prioritise and demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills.
- Influence & motivate others
- Use own initiative
- Use IT systems
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Seasiders Way, Blackpool
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.