We're looking for a dedicated Nurse Band 5 to join our Mental Health Older People Community team. MHSOP Community Team provide a range of services for older people with mental health needs across the county. Older people have similar mental health needs to people of a working age, although some illnesses (such as dementia) are more prevalent. Services are, therefore, provided in a different way to take account of older people's additional needs.
Your role is to build effective relationships with people who use mental health services, and also with their relatives and carers. You will be required to demonstrate a sound knowledge base commensurate with experience, be enthusiastic and have a flexible approach to work, in order to meet service users' needs.
An ability to communicate effectively with a range of professionals is paramount.Main duties of the job
- Promote and support a person's recovery, helping them live independent and fulfilling lives.
- Work in close collaboration with other professionals inassessing service user's needs, devising care plans and evaluating outcomes that promote service user empowerment through the process.
- With the wider Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) will participate in theassessment and treatment to provide high quality, individualised care, which addresses the needs of the service users.
- Support the Charge Nurse and the Team Leader to ensure that the service is managed effectively and efficiently in all aspects.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Comply with and promote the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct
- In conjunction with carers and other MDT members, the post holder will lead in the nursing assessment, planning, implementation andevaluation of care for an identified group of service users
- Recognise and promote all aspects of equality and diversity whilstassessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care.
- Carry out clinical nursing procedures/techniques whenever requiredin accordance with the policies and procedures of the Trust
- Implement and promote evidence based clinical processes andstandards of practice across the service area
- Undertake a range of, comprehensive and evidence based clinicalrisk assessments and associated care plans that are relevant to theservice users care needs.
- Review and communicate service users risk assessments andmanagement care plans in accordance with Trust policy, ensuringmeaningful service user, carers and MDT involvement throughout the process
- Provide written reports as necessary for service user reviews,tribunals etc, in accordance with agreed record keeping standards
- Ensure each service user per shift receives therapeutic engagementtime as per care plan and that this is reflected in the care recorddocumentation.
- As Named Nurse, to ensure that each service user has a minimum ofone to one time at least three times per week
- Ensure that the administration and safe custody of drugs andmedications are in accordance with Trust policy and procedure, andthe NMC guidelines.
- Regularly assess and report on the side effects experienced byservice users
- Academic qualifications, RNMH/RNLD/RMN
AREAS OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- ENB 998/Mentorship
- Completion of management training
- Teaching/training experience
- Organisational skills and the ability to work effectively within a management structure
- Communication skills - written, verbal and non-verbaL
- Provision of effective clinical supervision
- Experience of assessing and managing clinical risk
- Experience in care planning
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership and motivational skills
- IT skills, in particular MS word
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Community East Hertfordshire
Rosanne House, Parkway
Welwyn Garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.