An exciting opportunity has arisen at Stepney and Wapping NMHT for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse. We encourage you to apply for this great development opportunity.
Our team's core hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. The services are in the middle of a service transformation, which is an exciting time, as we are exploring how we can further develop the service we provide, meeting the needs of our local community. This team is part of the Mental Health Transformation of services where our voluntary service colleagues are fully embedded within the team. This is definitely an exciting time to join this expanding, developing and modern service.
We also operate ABT system responding to those who require support in a crisis. Our team provides assessment, care planning, intervention and evaluation of those with a moderate to severe mental health diagnosis for ages from 18 and above. Our service focuses on developing and utilising your specialist mental health skills and embracing your core competencies as a Registered Nurse. Working within our team you will be involved in the planning of new services.Main duties of the job
The post holder will hold a caseload and work within the principles of the agreed model of care for the service as laid down in the operational policy. The post holder will work as an autonomous practitioner within an integrated team. This will involve the assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of the care provided and will liaise with all agencies involved with the client. The post holder will be required to administer prescribed medication which includes intramuscular injections.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.Person SpecificationEducational/ QualificationEssential
- RNMH / RMNregistered by the NMC Or ? Qualified Social Worker registered by the HCPC
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Qualified Mental Health Social Work/Award/Appoi nted AMHP
- Educated to Degree Level
- Significant post-qualification experience, which must be within mental health services
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary environment/community experience.
- Experience of working within an NHS/Local Authority environment and an understanding of the issues/ policies/ practice within these environments.
- Previous appointment as an ASW/AMHP/Men tal Health Officer
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of mental disorder and the treatment options.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and subsequent amendments
- Working knowledge of the NHS & Community Care Act and other social care & mental health legislation, policy & guidance
- Ability to assess and manage complex and high risk situations effectively for the benefit of service users and carers
- Good report writing skills and the ability to compile complex case recording a nd report presentation, including legal documents i.e. social circumstances reports, court reports etc.
- Ability to manage and co - ordinate professionals, teams and services and mobilise provision where appropriate.
- Assessment skills and the ability to compile care plans in partnership with service users, carers and others
- Assertiveness and engagement with other professionals, able to make reasoned arguments and represent own professional views and perspectives
- Decision -making and problem solving skills, able to adopt creative and flexible approaches to meet the needs of service users.
- Highly developed organisational skills, able to prioritise workload and delegate effectively
- Well -developed communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Mental Health Practice Skills and an understanding of CPA and the NSF standards.
- IT skills, experience of working with service user data systems
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
36 Hockliffe Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.