The Clinical Matron for Head & Neck will provide nursing leadership to the Head & Neck Business Unit, as part of a triumvirate of medical, nursing and management leadership team for the five specialties in Head & Neck. These specialties are Ophthalmology, ENT, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics and Audiology. The post holder would be expected to work closely with the Clinical Director for Ophthalmology, and Clinical Director for ENT, Audiology, Max Fax and Orthodontics, as well as the Operational Service Manager, to ensure the quality and patient safety in the Head & Neck specialties.
This role will be based between Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital (Basingstoke), Royal Hampshire County Hospital (Winchester), and Andover War Memorial Hospital (Andover), and will involve travel to other Trust sites as required.
The Clinical Matron will also line manage the nursing and Allied Health Professional (AHP) teams within Ophthalmology, ENT, Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics. At present, this would involve direct line management of 11 senior staff, with a total team size of 47. This is subject to change as the structure of the department evolves.Main duties of the job
- Provide professional leadership and line management to a range of staff, holding 24-hour accountability for the care delivered within the ward/unit.
- Develop exceptional working-together relationships with both within and outside the organisation that promote a culture of continuous improvement in quality and safety and assist in the implementation of the clinical governance strategy.
- Create and maintain environments that support the implementation of the vision and values of HHFT and assist with embedding the Trust's vision and values into objectives plans and business developments.
The Head & Neck Department operates across Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital, the Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Andover War Memorial Hospital and other satellite clinics. With an annual budget of �11.6 million, there are 5 specialties (Ophthalmology, ENT, Audiology, Orthodontics and Maxillofacial Surgery) across three hospital sites supported by a team of over 150 staff.
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of �382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future. #AspringToBeTheBestJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Up to date clinical professional registration
- Evidence of continuous professional practice and education clearly recorded in current professional profile.
- Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Demonstration of Leadership or management experience and study
- Ability to work autonomously, demonstrating a high level of professional and personal credibility, inspiring confidence in others
- Experience of staff supervision and mentorship including management of performance, conduct, sickness absence and training needs analysis
- ENB346 or Equivalent Ophthalmic Nursing Course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Passionate about the provision of excellent patient care with the ability to ensure that the delivery of care by all staff is of the highest standard and appropriate in meeting the needs and expectations of the patients and their relatives
- To be able to monitor patient and carer satisfaction and evaluate outcomes
- Advanced clinical expertise in chosen field with the proven ability to fully understand the context in which complex problems arise and to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary unit wide interventions, often looking at problems from a unique or different angle
- Understanding of effective clinical governance, audit, performance, and quality indicator
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.