Join #TeamLNWH in the �9 million, brand new, state of the art North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre.
Based at Central Middlesex Hospital in Brent, the elective orthopaedic centre will see over 4,000 Londoners a year for routine bone and joint surgery when it opens in November 2023.
The North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre is an exciting collaboration between the four acute healthcare providers in north west London.
The north west London acute provider collaborative is made of up of TeamLNWH, Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, Imperial Collage Healthcare NHS Trust, and The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
We're looking for a permanent, highly skilled, specialist team of healthcare professionals to care for our patients in theatres and in recovery.Main duties of the job
Main duties of the role
Facilitate the smooth running of elective orthopaedic lists, ensuring the day-to-day operation reflects the highest standard of governance, clinical effectiveness, and standards of care.
You will be an experienced Theatre Anaesthetic Practitioner, who will use your knowledge and experience to guide and support your team members whilst actively being involved in the delivery of patient care.
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, enthusiastic Registered Adult Nurse/ODP who has extensive post registration experience in elective orthopaedic surgery.About us
Working in the elective orthopaedic centre, you'll have countless opportunities to learn and develop your skills while working with medical professionals from across our northwest London acute provider collaborative.
And because you'll be a part of TeamLNWH, you'll have access to plenty of great benefits too, including fitness classes, our employee assistance programme, and some massive discounts from popular brands.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To act as a team leader to an identified group of staff, monitoring and documenting the development of their clinical skills
- Contribute to smooth running of the theatre
- To establish, lead and maintain high standard of pre/peri and postoperative care
- To contribute positively towards the delivery of a cost-effective service, adjusting staffing levels to meet demand and assisting the clinical co-ordinators to keep within agreed resources
The service will be working six days per week to meet the needs of the Trusts services you may also be required from time to time to work at different locations to your normal place of work.
Participation in the CMH on call rota is required
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- registered Nurse with anaesthetic qualification/ ODP registered with HCPC
- Teaching and assessment training
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Leadership/ management Training
- Extensive Band 5 experience in anaesthetic support in acute hospital setting
- Experience in Orthopaedic and Trauma anaesthetic on/ off site
Skills and attributeEssential
- Student or TODP management experience
- Team leading experience
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to organise complex clinical activities with communication and interpersonal skill
Value and attributeEssential
- Assist theatre team in providing circulating skills
- participate in audits
- Demonstrate HEART value and compression in practice
- Positively influence others in your daily activities and communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach in service provision
- Analytical and reflective in practice improvement evidence base
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Park Royal, London
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.