An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and motivated individual to apply for the post of Infrastructure Manager (Band 8b) managing two key areas of the Digital Operations Team. The Support Centre which comprises our Contact Centre, IT Service Desk and Facilities Help Desk and the Network and Unified Communications team responsible for the Local and Wider Area Network including Wi-Fi and cabling, Firewalls, fixed line telephony, Video Conferencing and related end user devices. The post holder will also be the lead for Change Management for the wider Digital team.
The person taking this role will be highly motivated in promoting our Trust's mission of 'Making life better together' through driving forwards improvements in how the Trust serves its patients, carers and local community with contact centre and indirectly supporting staff IT/Digital needs. They will support patient care while striving for improvements in the experience of our staff through the Support Centre and Network and Unified Communications teams.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate for the role will demonstrate great energy in delivering digital service improvement at the Trust and their support and management of colleagues. They will live the Trust values of being respectful, open, collaborative, compassionate, and consistent in everything that they do. They will be a highly experienced manager with a technical background, used to managing other technical managers, with a proven track record of successfully supporting staff to achieve their full potential in their roles. The post holder reports to the Head of Digital Operations.About us
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive.
Come and join our inclusive teams and help our patients on their recovery journey.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Ensuring that it supports the Trusts business objectives.
To ensure that the Trust meets requirements of the NHSD, NHSX national targets and SWL ICS objectives.
To be responsible for the support of IT Networks, Unified Communications, Support Centre and Data Protection and Security (NCSC Cyber Assessment Framework) across the entire Trust.
To ensure that the Trust staff keep pace with new technology.
To manage two sections within IT. Network Admin and Support Centre
To manage 18 WTE staff
To provide appropriate training and development of staff
To manage key projects associated with the management of technical support for the Trust
To be responsible for and to manage budgets for the Support Centre and Network AdminPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Experience of strategic planning
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Demonstrable experience of working in a senior IT technical support role,including the management of staff
- Demonstrable experience of working in a project management environment
- Demonstrable experience of service development/service review and leading on successful implementation of change
- Experience of successfully identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating a range of services according to the needs of the business
- Experience of successfully managing integration and formation of new services
- Educated to Masters level in a computing/engineering/technicaldiscipline or an equivalent level of knowledge and expertiseMCPs or A+ and N+
- Industry qualification in Telephone Switch management
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Evidence of continuing further professional and personal development
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Qualification in Network Concepts or another technical discipline (at the level of CCNA) , or equivalent through experience
- PRINCE2 foundation qualification in project management or equivalent demonstrable project management experience
- CompTIA Security +
- Full, clean and current driving licence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts. Selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting critically on the result, so that what is learnt is identified and assimilated.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal working hours, when needed for major changes and moves in exchange for time in lieu.
- Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising a means of resolving them.
- Keeping organisational objectives and strategies in mind, and ensuring courses of action are aligned with the strategic context.
- Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints, known risks, and the availability of necessary information and resources
- Dealing effectively with unexpected situations in a timely manner, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming problems
- Being proactive, anticipating opportunities for systems, service or product improvement or development and taking appropriate action(s)
- Applying specific quality standards to all tasks undertaken to ensure that deliverables are accurate and complete.
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Red Lion Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.