An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as a Consultant Psychiatrist working at the Woodlands Acute Care Unit in Hastings, East Sussex. The post holder will be split between the 2 adult wards at the unit:
- Abbey Ward - 14 bed female acute ward
- Castle Ward - 9 bed male acute ward
This opportunity is available following the retirement of a consultant psychiatrist within the team. The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
You will work with a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team to provide in-patient care consisting of a Specialty Doctor, Clinical Psychologists, Nurse's, Support Workers and an Occupational Therapist.
You will be based in a friendly team environment and will have your own office space with access to a locker. You will also have access to a dedicated administrator.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.About us
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discussdifferent working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
If you have neither lived or worked in Sussex before then please consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- A lifestyle including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park
- Discovering the 140+ miles of scenic and historic Sussex coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both close to the county, providing worldwide transport links
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Manage the inpatient admissions, team meetings, supervision of team members.
- Management of complex cases.
- Clinical leadership of team.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working
Please see the Job Description for the full list of duties and responsibilities.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
Clinical skills, knowledge & experienceEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Woodlands Acute Care Centre
St Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.