An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join the Research and Development Department. The post holder will support the Assistant Director for R& D and R& D Manager in promoting, facilitating and fulfilling the organisation's Research and Development (R& D) strategy and delivery plan, ensuring the delivery of high quality R& D activity across Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB.Main duties of the job
Work as a member of the Research and Development team providing clinical research support and expert advice to participants and research staff for its commercial and non-commercial research portfolio, across the University Health Board, to include primary, secondary, social and community care and population health. Manage, support and facilitate participant recruitment, consent and participation in commercial and non-commercial research studies, and provide support and supervise the UHB's research delivery support staff (Research Nurses, Research Officers and Research Assistants) in undertaking the same.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Be expected to facilitate, implement, support and progress a number of concurrent research studies in various specialties, ensuring that studies are run in accordance with the protocol, Research Governance Framework, Good Clinical Practice, GDPR and related legislation.
- Provide expert support and advice to researchers internal and external to the UHB, staff to include members of the study research team/multidisciplinary teams/ research support staff on issues pertinent to undertaking research, to include research registration, approval, research governance and ICH Good Clinical Practice.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications/KnowledgeEssential
- Educated to relevant Masters Level or equivalent level of experience, skills and knowledge.
- Attendance of short courses and/or study days on Research.
- Specialist knowledge of Research legislation, GCP and National Framework.
- Specialist knowledge of Ethical and R& D approval process.
- Certificate in ICH Good Clinical Practice.
- Knowledge of clinical and research terminology.
- Knowledge of research design and methods.
- Database management.
- Experience of working as a Band 6 (or equivalent) in a research role.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Experience of supporting the development of research projects.
- Evidence of previous patient/client and Multi- Disciplinary Team contact within work environment.
Aptitude and Abilities SkillsEssential
- Experience in supporting submissions to regulatory bodies i.e. R& D, Research Ethics Committee.
- Excellent computer skills. Manage own client workload
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate documentation and record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal/written.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project management
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- The ability to speak or learn Welsh to a satisfactory level.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.