Rotational Specialist Neurological Physiotherapist, Band 6
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our neurological therapy team at The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust. The neurological therapy team provide specialist neurological therapy to the Acute Stroke Unit, The Alderbourne Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) and The Daniels Rehabilitation Unit (DRU). The ARU and DRU provide level 1 and 2 specialist rehabilitation for North West London and other outer London boroughs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated physiotherapist to work with a variety of neurological patients, including stroke, SCI and TBI. You will be a valued member of the multidisciplinary team and will be working alongside supportive therapy colleagues. You will have opportunity to gain specialist neurorehabilitation skills and participate in service development.
The Neuro therapy team work closely together across the ARU, DRU and TSU. As a member of our well established and integrated team, you will have the opportunity to rotate across the 3 clinical areas and be actively involved in the service delivery across these specialist areas.
We are looking for candidates who have:
Main duties of the job
- HCPC registration and NHS experience
- Clinical skills and experience with neurological patients at Band 5 level.
- High-level communications skills, initiative, self-motivation and are flexible and adaptable.
- Commitment to MDT working and values.
- To independently manage a defined caseload of complex cases, evidencing high level problem solving, reasoning skills and judgement, working without direct supervision.
- To perform advanced physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical conditions, to analyse assessment findings and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
At Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust, the therapy services are fully integrated. The team work together to provide an exciting, friendly and supportive environment in which staff are encouraged to develop to their full potential. Our highly experienced team leaders will provide you with excellent support and development opportunities both clinically and professionally.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to job description attached in documents for the main responsibilities of a Specialist Neurological PhysiotherapistPerson SpecificationShortlistEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Pield Heath Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.