Do you want to be part of an innovative and dynamic NHS Talking Therapies service? Are you an experienced accredited CBT therapist passionate about providing high quality psychological therapy to people with common mental health problems? The successful candidate(s) will have completed either an Talking Therapies (Formerly IAPT) High Intensity CBT course or a Post Graduate Diploma in CBT and preferably have experience of working in an NHS Talking Therapies service. The successful candidate(s) should also have completed an NHSE approved Talking Therapies LTC (Long Term Condition) training course or be willing to complete this when in post.The service is focused on delivering high quality therapy, being amongst the highest performers in the area. Our service has exceeded the national target of 50% recovery rate every month consistently over two years and our patient feedback is excellent. Investing in our team is important to us and we pride ourselves on the support we offer to staff.You'll have the opportunity to be part of a fantastic team of staff who are genuinely committed to improving the lives of our service users and carers. The team includes CBT therapists, Counsellors and Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, providing psychological assessment and brief therapies to people with mild to moderate anxiety and depression. The service also offers EMDR, Stress Control courses, MCBT courses as well as a range of webinars to support health and wellbeing.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be a flexible and highly motivated qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. They will be part of the NHS Blackpool Talking Therapies service and will provide high intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to clients who have a range of complex anxiety and depression related problems. The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering CBT interventions both individually, in groups, face to face, online and over the telephone. The post holder will also work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities.
The successful candidate will also be required to work a proportion of their working hours after before 9am and/or after 5pm in order to improve access to the service.About us
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.
Our strategic vision for 2021 is: As a high performing Trust, operating as part of an integrated care system, we will provide high quality, safe and effective care. This will be achieved in a financially sustainable way, through our skilled and motivated workforce
. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
NHS Blackpool Talking Therapies operates from a number of community bases within the Blackpool area. We offer Talking Therapies interventions and psychological therapies across Step 2 and 3, and over the past 3 years have developed pathways with physical health services in line with the National Talking Therapies Long Term Conditions programme, in order to expand and increase the offer of psychological therapies to the Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde population. We receive self-referrals and referrals from health care professionals for the Long Term Conditions arm of the service.
The role will involve:Assessing clients for suitability for NHS Talking Therapies and providing evidence based CBT interventions. To undertake risk assessments with clients and respond to these in line with service policies and procedures.Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of client contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.Engage in regular case management and clinical supervision.Complete all requirements relating to data collection within the service.Keep coherent detailed records of all clinical activity in line with serviceprotocols. Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into theoverall therapy process.To participate in the planning and facilitation of groups as and when required by the service.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualification from High Intensity Talking Therapies or Post Graduate Diploma in CBT from a BABCP recognised and accredited course.
- CBT in the context of Long Term Persistent and Distressing Health Conditions
- Hold full BABCP accreditation
- Trained in provision of supervision for CBT
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner within a Talking Therapiesservice
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Experience with routine outcome monitoring
- Experience in establishing diagnosis / psychological formulation
- Experience of delivering CBT via telephone or video consultation
- Experience of teaching and liaising with other professional groups
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development and willingness to continue this
- Experience of working with long term physical health conditions
- Has received training (either formal or through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
Skills / AttributesEssential
- Experience of working with diverse communities and within a multicultural setting
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to Talking Therapies high intensity therapists.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth a)nd Pilling
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Computer literate
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary Care
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Knowledge of child protection issues
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Car driver and/or ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the organisation.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
South Shore Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.