The post-holder will primarily be responsible for the collation, analysis, presentation of focused information to support the Trust's agenda for business planning and performance management.
Business Analysts will have the skills and experience to develop analysis and modelling to support operational performance management and inform decision making for the Trust's medium and long term planning process.
The post holder will work within the Business Intelligence Unit and work closely with Divisional Managers, other Senior Managers and Clinicians and other staff within the RUH and across the local Clinical Commissioning Groups.Main duties of the job Support the Senior Business Analysts in the delivery of accurate and timely business intelligence information about Trust performance to inform operational and strategic direction. Responsible for collating information to measures achievement against key performance indicators and reflect how the Trust is managing activity flows. Provide the relevant operational staff with accurate and up to date information Maintain systems and processes to monitor Trust performance against key access and activity targets, as well as assist in the developing new reports as requirements change. Review data collected to identify any inconsistencies and validate potential errors / anomalies to ensure information reported is both complete and accurate. With the support of the senior business analysts, assist in the provision of routine and ad-hoc performance information to help clinical management teams across the Trust. This information includes reports relating to A& E, admitted patient care, theatres and outpatients. Ensure that data provision is both timely and accurate and that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met. Work with other members of the Business Intelligence team, Information team and operational staff to ensure the continued improvement of data quality throughout the Trust. Provide information to answer ad hoc and Freedom of information requests About us
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationApplication FormEssential
Application Form & InterviewEssential
- Previous analytical experience, with ability to analyse performance data and provide meaningful and credible information.
- Training and / or qualifications or equivalent experience in the advanced use of Microsoft Excel to store, order and report information.
- Experience of SAP Business Objects report building or Microsoft Power BI or equivalent experience of reporting tools.
- Experience of highly accurate keyboard and data manipulation skills.
- At least 3 years analytical experience, with ability to analyse performance data and provide meaningful and credible information.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and reporting schedules.
- Effective and flexible team member.
- Understanding and maintaining of patient confidentiality.
- Values and respects others, treats everyone as an individual, is non-judgemental
- Motivated to be genuinely kind and caring
- Helps and co-operates with colleagues
- Pro-active and takes responsibility
- Willing to learn, open to change
- Motivated to make a difference in whatever way they can
- Takes pride in themselves, their appearance, their role and where they work.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of numeracy and an ability to think analytically
- Excellent data manipulation skills including databases, spreadsheets and ability to summarise data in tables, charts and pivot tables (SQL, Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written - ability to convey complex technical subjects to small groups of staff, usually well known to the post holder
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to achieve success.
- Ability to work on own initiative within guidelines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and check own work in an objective manner
- Attention to detail, prepared to work methodically through mundane tasks.
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Frequent requirement for prolonged concentration
- Regular exposure to VDUs for lengthy periods of time
- Able to attend meetings / event outside of normal working hours
- Able to travel to events both locally and nationally
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of information management acquired through qualification to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Accredited specialist computing skills
- ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) or equivalent skills gained through experience
- Previous experience of work in the NHS
- Knowledge of RUH information and reporting systems
- Knowledge of NHS Planning and performance agenda and impact on local / national healthcare
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal United Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.