This post is a Fixed Term/ Secondment until 13/11/2024 to cover other absence. If you are a Hywel Dda University Health Board employee and are applying for this post as a secondment, agreement for the secondment is needed from your current manager prior to application.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our friendly, proactive Occupational Therapy service with an Adult Community team, covering the area of Amman Gwendraeth.
You will work as part of a designated team to deliver an effective and efficient occupational therapy service to improve the health & wellbeing of people.
You will deliver the service in a manner and setting appropriate to the needs of client group, following professional codes of conduct and ethics and national and/or locally agreed guidelines, protocols, policies and care pathways.
We will provide you with professional support and clinical supervision. We will provide relevant training opportunities to develop your skills as required depending upon previous experience. We will provide a supportive working environment to develop your clinical and leadership skills.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will focus on supporting patient focused care across community sectors. The role will include ensuring ongoing quality assurance of the service, undertaking evaluation, audit and contributing to research.
We are seeking to appoint a proactive, motivated and compassionate individual, able to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge. Applications are invited from occupational therapists with a keen interest of working in the community.
The post holder will be expected to travel across Carmarthenshire to visit patients at home and between sites and undertake service development. Mileage allowance is payable and a lease car scheme is available.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you want to make a real difference to peoples lives, join our team where a warm welcome is waiting for you.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 11.12.2023Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current HCPC registration
- Knowledge of relevant current health and social care legislation applicable to role
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office software
- Understanding of the roles of other staff groups in health and social care
- Knowledge of a range of rehabilitation interventions across all therapies
- Understanding and application of clinical governance, including research and audit methodology
- Understanding and application of relevant outcome measures to demonstrate effectiveness
- Knowledge of other services that link across primary/secondary/intermediate care
- Working knowledge of therapeutic equipment.
- Knowledge of Health Board and priorities.
- Accredited Practice Educator
- Accredited Agored Assessor
- Significant post graduate experience of working as an occupational therapist across a range of settings and variety of conditions
- Managing a complex and varied caseload
- Working independently with indirect or arms length supervision.
- Delegation and Supervision of staff
- Experience of coping independently with distressing or emotional situations in challenging work environments
- Working as part of a team.
- Experience of contributing to service development and implementing service changes
- Direct involvement with carers and families
- Self-development and application of learning
- Use of adapted techniques for improving patient outcomes
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with groups
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of using virtual communication platforms for delivering service.
- Experience in same clinical area as post being applied for
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.