This is a great opportunity for an exceptional practitioner/educator to join our team. The Learning and Professional Development Facilitator is an integral role within our expanding corporate nursing team and works closely with the Lead Nurse for Learning and Professional Development to support the delivery of the Trusts Learning and Professional Development Strategy for nursing, midwifery and AHPs.
They will collaborate with nursing, midwifery and AHP colleagues and also engage with internal and external networks of best practice, excellence centres, education providers and attend meetings as required. This will include sharing initiatives at regional and national events.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has a passion for developing others and has a good track record in leadership and educational roles and has a good understanding of clinical practice.
The post holder will:
- Use their specialist knowledge and skills to support the development, delivery and evaluation of number of identified workforce transformation and educational initiatives. This will include: preceptorship, professional nurse advocates and other development initiatives as required.
- Ensure effective governance is in place for educational activity, supporting new role development, development of career pathways and advice, supporting services to roll out educational initiatives and deliver training where required.
- Line manage a team of practice educators who are based in corporate services and link closely with those in other service areas
- Be responsible for managing and monitoring the performance of projects, initiatives and work streams against the Trusts Learning and Professional Development strategy.
The corporate nursing team are a passionate, hard working and friendly team with a commitment to developing and supporting its workforce. This role will contribute to the delivery of a wider range of professional development opportunities for our staff across our inpatient and community services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. If you have any questions please contact Verity Chessum on email@example.com.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered practitioner with the NMC or HCPC
- teaching qualification
- degree or relevant experience
- relevent master degree
- leadership qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 5 years' post registration experience
- Project/programme management experience/change projects
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience in an Education/ Training /people development role o
- Evidence of managing the development and delivery of education programmes o
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.