The Band 5 role is a primary function supporting the team for the optimal care of our patients. The delivery of high quality, effective and compassionate health care to the patients of the Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust is the most important objective for the organisation.
The post holder will support the team in the delivery of the service, this includes:
Main duties of the job
- High standards of Professional Practice to ensure quality and safety of patient care, experience and the patient journey
- Developing own clinical practice, knowledge, skills and experience
- Acting as a good role model
- Supporting the team in ensuring that clinical services are delivered to a high quality of care and that all compliance requirements such as CQC and contractual requirements are achieved
- Be able to administer chemotherapy or undertake training on appointment
- To adhere to Code of Conduct/Professional Standards of your Profession eg NMC.
- As a clinician to embrace and implement the vision and values of HHFT.
- To be responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of a clinical environment in which care and compassion is consistently demonstrated, ensuring patient centred care, privacy and dignity is practiced at all times.
- Look after central venous access devices such as PICCS, Ports and Hickman lines, or undertake training upon appointment
At Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three hospitals in Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover, as well as in the care we provide in the community. We provide medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire and specialist services to people across the UK and internationally.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this role, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification document.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential Desirable
Experience & knowledgeEssential
- Chemotherapy administration qualification.
- Project management learning and/or development
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
- Knowledge and experience of a range of approaches to the management of patients utilising clinical reasoning
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Experience of working in an oncology or haematology environment
- Ability to demonstrate the required behaviour in keeping with the Trust values
- Good communication skills to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Customer Service experience i.e. dealing with complaints
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.