An exciting opportunity has arisen for Advanced Clinical Practitioners to join the emergency department and urgent care team.
The Emergency Department is an area of work that demands a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team, responsive to the needs of contemporary health care demands.
We pride ourselves in being a cohesive and dynamic team and a department with a reputation as a great place to work and to train. In addition, at Airedale General Hospital we provide an enthusiastic and motivating environment and our catchment area includes the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.
Applicants must hold an MSc in Advanced Practice (or equivalent award), have evidence of achieving or working towards Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM) credentialing. The post holder will be registered as an Independent Prescriber.The post holder will have the opportunity to rotate within the emergency department and work within our upcoming Urgent Care Centre (UCC). Additional training needs to work in the UCC will be supported.
Interested applicants must have significant experience at a senior level working within the emergency department clinical setting and have experience to support the ability to see and treat patients autonomously within emergency centre environment.We require enthusiastic, forward thinking, well organised and motivated individuals with a positive attitude to join our multi-professional team to work in the emergency department at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) will use specialist knowledge and skills to provide healthcare independently to patients. The ACP is accountable for the total episode of care for patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed needs.
The post holder will act as a role model, delivering advanced practice and promoting clinical effectiveness in care. He/she will be required to work autonomously in delivering independent assessment, clinical examination, diagnosis, clinical decision making and planning of care and treatment, diagnosis, prescribing, health promotion and safe discharge of patients.About us
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information and full details of the job role please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Significant knowledge, experience, and competence in Emergency Medicine
- Documented evidence of completion of advanced practice competencies and a defined range of specialty competencies
- Experience of leading individuals and teams
- High standard of oral and written communication skills and confidence to discuss patient management with other members of the MDT
- High level of capability using outcome measures and audit
- Confidence and ability to accurately assess and manage complex patient presentations to a high professional standard
- Ability to critique own practice
- Excellent liaison and negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge of issues and developments in specialty-specific area of practice
- Significant ACP experience
- Root Cause Analysis training
- RCEM credentialed
- Advanced practice common competencies (RCEM)
- Advanced diagnostic and clinical reasoning skills
- Interpreting investigations (bloods)
- Proven leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Research and audit skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and autonomously both within the Trust and with partner organisations.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence in venepuncture, cannulation and arterial stabs.
- Minor illness / injury modules
- Plain film / Red dot interpretation
- RCEM Credentialed
- Registered with relevant professional body
- MSc in Advanced Practice or equivalent
- Life Support qualification (Trauma / ALS)
- Relevant teaching qualification / evidenced experience
- Independent non-medical prescribing
- Significant ACP experience of working within emergency Department
- ALS Qualification / Teaching
- Experience of working as a qualified ACP within Acute / Emergency medicine or clinical specialty
- Proven track record in Acute Care setting
- Ability to work with and motivate nurses and medical staff
- Evidence of managing complex patients in stressful and emotional situations where life-changing events are being communicated and clinically managed.
- Experience of designing and delivering training and education for health care professionals
- Direct supervision of junior staff
- Supervision and appraisal of staff and students
- Evidence of lead for or contribution to audit programs within practice
- Evidence of continuous professional development and the practical application of new skills to the workplace
- Experience of delivering training and education for health care professionals
- Cultural awareness
- Significant post registration experience.
- Significant experience working at ACP level
- Experience working within acute medicine / urgent care.
- ALS trained / instructor
- RCEM credentialed
- Capable of lateral and critical thinking
- Committed to an open culture of learning and continuous improvement, based on best practice
- Motivated and able to inspire others
- Committed to team working, respecting and considering the skills of others, using a flexible and co-operative working style
- Shows compassion and empathy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Managerial /leadership experience
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Airedale, Steeton, Keighley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.