An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced individuals to join our Integrated Discharge Team as a Band 7 Team Lead. The position are an ideal opportunity for Nurses, Social workers or Allied Health Professionals, to shape this new service for our patients. Are you passionate about supporting patients to discharge home as soon as they are able to. You will be working and leading a team that is motivated to ensure that patients should be returning home as soon as they are able. Ethos of the team is 'Why not home, why not today'
Shropshire Community Health Trust is offering an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to work within the Integrated Health and Social Care Discharge Team at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust. The team is expanding and this is an ideal opportunity to be involved in the transformation of the service and work with the existing skilled team in the specialist field of Complex Discharge.
The successful applicants will be key members of the multidisciplinary health and social care Integrated Discharge Team.Main duties of the job
We are looking for applicants that share our passion for specialist field of complex discharge. The positions are an ideal opportunity for Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists to be part of shaping the service which is at the forefront of the NHS long term plan agenda. They will be key to develop a discharge to assess models and Managing Transfers of Care which support good practice during hospital discharge. The service development links to the national reforms in urgent and community health services and forms part of Shropshire Community Health Trusts Urgent Care division, and aims to improve our local system responsiveness to managing capacity, flow and effective hospital discharge for our patients .
The Team Leader will be instrumental in the identification, assessment, and discharge of patients with the most complex needs from the hospital setting, agreeing the discharge pathway and services including home and bed based reablement services, urgent community response (UCR) services including admission avoidance /Virtual Wards and community teams. They will lead on the most complex cases supporting junior staff to co-ordinate and navigate the patient across pathways to ensure timely discharge for patients deemed fit for discharge.About us
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults and children in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
Patients, carers and the public play a vital role in helping us to develop and improve our services and we are constantly looking for ways to work with local communities, patients and the public to innovate and improve. Have a look at the Have Your Say section of our website to find out how you can feed back your experiences and help us to continually improve.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust is an exciting place to work. It offers a wide range of employment opportunities for many people.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust positively encourages applications from all areas of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are committed to ensuring people who work for the community trust have a good working life - and a good work life/home life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on theDetailed job description and main responsibilities, please find attached the Job Description and Person Specification document.Person SpecificationTRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Professional Registration (NMC , HCPC or DipSW)
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree level qualification or significant equivalent experience or short courses in appropriate field to the equivalent level
- Evidence of the achievement of leadership training or qualifications
- Post registration qualifications in a relevant profession or business-related subject
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Demonstrable experience of contact with patients both in an acute and community setting
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary health and social care teams.
- Experience in leading staff and teams
- Specialist and Expert knowledge in the field of Hospital Discharge
- Demonstrate knowledge of community, social care services to support hospital discharge pathways
- Experience of developing systems, processes and new ways of working to optimise patient flow
- Experience of working in NHS, local authority or health and social care sector
- Ability to work as part of a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- IT skills in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Powerpoint etc)
- Ability to analyse administration systems, implement change as directed and evaluate effectiveness in order to promote quality services
- Knowledge of Community services and resource
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skill
- Exercise judgments and initiative in highly sensitive areas when problems arise by taking appropriate action to resolve the problems or referring to the appropriate person
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to think and work creatively to resolve problems.
Shropshire Community Health NHS TrustAddress
Royal Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust
Complex Discharge Team Copthorne Building Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Mytton Oak Road Shrewsbury SY3 8XQ
Shrewsbury and Telford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.