This is an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Clinical Practitioner to join a fantastic team and be part of our new medical SDEC - Same Day Emergency Care.
You must be NMC or HCPC registered.
Applications will be considered if you are already working in a trainee ACP post in an acute setting and have completed the relevant modules,
You will be supported and line managed by the Clinical Lead for Advanced Clinical Practitioners, that is also the lead for SDEC and non medical prescribing lead for the trust.
You will be supported and encouraged to develop your skills and competencies to be an effective medical Advanced Clinical practitioner. You will be allocated a medical supervisor and you will be given monthly protected CPD time to further enhance and meet medical competencies.Main duties of the job
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and review programmes of evidenced based care for the client group that present to SDEC
- Take a lead role in the advanced clinical assessment and treatment of acute medical cases that present to SDEC
- Take referrals from NWAS, GP, A& E and other community services for patients that can be managed on a same day basis
- Determine clinical diagnosis and treatments indicated, and maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
- Work closely with the A& E team to support , provide rapid review of medical patients that are suitable to be managed through SDEC
- Provide clinical expertise for developing and enhancing the service as per advice from NHS England
- Ensure that evidence based practice is inherent in all aspects of care and treatment and ensure this knowledge is disseminated throughout the clinical area, Trust and externally as appropriate
Bury Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. Rated as 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission, our Fairfield site delivers innovative patient-centred care, and boasts an award winning Stroke centre and Heart Care unit. Supported by our community services in Bury, a mix of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors, Bury exemplifies the benefits of a joined up approach to health and social care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trusts Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.Person SpecificationQualifications / RegistrationEssential
- Registered with professional body (HCPC/ NMC/HP)
- Relevant professional qualification
- MSc in Advanced practice or in 2nd year of MSc trainee ACP post
- Teaching qualification
- Non-medical prescribing
- Extensive experience in a clinical position preferably in an urgent care setting and have a sound knowledge of acute medicine
- Sound knowledge of acute medicine
- Significant evidence of delivering teaching activities to staff groups
- Evidence of presenting at local, regional and national level
- Evidence of excellent clinical record
- Demonstrate the ability to work in highly demanding environment
- Maintained development of clinical leadership skills
- Implementation of audit and associated evaluation and action planning
- Implementation of research recommendations
- Evidence of significant involvement on change management and service improvement
- Further evidence of education relating to leadership skills development
- Competent in use of IT Microsoft packages e.g. power point, word, excel
- Good working knowledge of clinical information systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent in databases and spreadsheets
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Fairfield General hospital
Rochdale Old Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.