An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Educator on the Oncology Ward at the Churchill Hospital in Oxford!
The post-holder will be an experienced, knowledgeable practitioner who provides clinically based practice development and education to the non-medical workforce. They will role model best, evidence-based professional practice. Clinical education support for all 'learners at the bedside' is a substantial part of this role. Experience of caring for Oncology patients is preferred but not essential to the role.
The clinical educator will identify and support the learning needs of their clinical area. The clinical educator is key to ensuring the clinical area is a positive learning environment through acting as an expert resource, ensuring local training resources are appropriate and up-to-date, and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team and senior colleagues.
Full and part time hours will be considered. The Clinical Educator role will be 22.5 hours per week, and if desired, the remaining hours (up to 37.5 per week) will be added for working clinically on the ward.
For more information about the role, or to arrange an informal chat, please contact Arisha Klapiscak, Ward Sister, at email@example.comMain duties of the job
The Clinical Educator will:
About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Act as an exemplary role model for best clinical practice and Trust values
- Work alongside learners to facilitate their independent learning
- Work to an agreed job plan to maximise education delivery to support staff and patient safety/experience.
- Manage their own time to ensure a balance between clinical education and education administrative activities
- Actively promote and contribute to an inter-professional learning environment
- Deliver education programmes at a divisional level and where required cross divisionally in support of organisational priorities.
- Work as part of the local and corporate practice development teams
- Assist in anticipating and addressing the educational needs of the service
- Work across boundaries to proactively develop and sustain partnerships
- Participate in audit, service improvement and research projects relevant to the clinical educator role
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical Practice
Practice Development and Education
- Work alongside learners delivering clinical care for the majority of the role. Use coaching/mentoring-style techniques during contact time with learners to identify learning needs, improve standards, and escalate concerns where appropriate
Leadership and Management
- Participate in and actively seek peer review to reflect upon and improve clinical and educational practice
- Advocate for and contribute to a working environment that promotes continuous learning and development, evidence-based practice and succession planning
Audit and Evaluation:
- Act as a role model and resource for evidence-based practice
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team leads to deliver practice development and education strategy
Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Participate in identifying and addressing risk and poor quality through appropriate governance structures and forums where a practice development and education element exists
- Assist with practice development and education audit
- UK Health related recognised Degree, relevant to post
- Evidence of study at level 7
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appropriate period of post-registration acute nursing experience
- Evidence of specialist knowledge appropriate to the clinical area or practice development and education
- Evidence of experience and qualifications in supervising and assessing colleagues and learners
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.