Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Trust are looking for Occupational Therapists to join our vibrant team of multi-displined staff in Mental Health Services for Older People. We provide a range of services for older people with mental health needs across the county. Older people have similar mental health needs to people of a working age, although some illnesses (such as dementia) are more prevalent. Services are, therefore, provided in a different way to take account of older people's additional needs.
We have several vacancies due to staff promotion. The vacancies are within our Early Memory Diagnosis Support Service (Welwyn Garden City), our Community Services working within Specialist Mental Health Teams (Hemel Hempstead, Welwyn Garden City and Watford) and within our Integrated Care Teams (variety of locations).
All of our OT posts are varied and no two days are the same - home assessments, MDTs, taking service users out, service development, meetings, training sessions. We would be happy to offer this position as a band 5 to 6 development opportunity or if you have the right skills and experience evidenced at interview, we would offer you a vacancy as a band 6 OT
See what other OT staff have said at www.hpft.nhs.uk/careers/ahp/occupationaltherapists/Main duties of the job
As the Occupational therapist you would be required to:
Build a working relationship with clients to ensure treatment provided for every individual is unique and targeted to their unique needs. To enable you to assist them in being able to improve their function despite their underlying mental health condition. Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and interventions for a specified service user group, carry a caseload as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and to develop the Occupational Therapy service provision within the setting.
What we offer:
Development opportunities - Receive training and support working from a band 5 to 6 Be part of MDTs that value and respect OTs. Our OTs are valued - there will be minimal generic work and you will be supervised by experienced Specialist/Head/Lead Occupational Therapists.
Be involved in CPD and reflective practice - these happen on a monthly basis.
You would receive support and be part of an OT network across all the services.
Paid opportunities for OTs Returning to Practice
We welcome flexible and hybrid working - Including additional bank work for qualified and unqualified experienced staff
Our trust is dedicated in creating the best work life balance for our employees and our Mental Health Community team for older people welcome flexible and hybrid working. We have a number of full time and part time positions available and this will not include shift or weekend work.About us
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- You would have a community caseload
- Supervision of junior and support staff
- Provision of specialist OT interventions supervision and instruction can be provided
- In service training/CPD sessions
- Use of MOHO instruction/training can be provided
- Involvement in service review opportunities
Please see job description attached for further detail on the job responsibilitiesPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc/MSc/PG Dip Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and associated packages.
- Completion of preceptorship and/or evidence of having met the full KSF Gateway for Band 5 OT's
- Evidence of relevant post grad training.
- Membership of RCOT, including specialist section
- First line management training
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy training
- Practice Placement qualification/A PPLE accreditation
- AMPS/ESI/SI training
- Broad base of clinical experience
- Post registration experience in relevant clinical setting
- Applied experience of providing both individual and group work interventions.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of using the Model of Human Occupation assessment tools, or others appropriate to area.
- Experience of other specialist Occupational Therapy assessment tools, e.g. AMPS, Pool Activity Levels
- Documented evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in providing advice, support and clinical supervision to junior staff and/or students
- Applied knowledge of Recovery principles and how these relate to OT
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with people with mental health problems and/or learning disability in a variety of health and social care settings
- Previous experience of having worked at Band 6 level
- Experience in research or audit
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
HPFT Rosanne House
Welwyn Garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.