Specialist Community Public Health Nurse- Health visitor - Wokingham (Band 6)
We are an amazing team and part of Berkshire Health Visiting service covering across the Wokingham area.
If you regard yourself as an enthusiastic and dynamic qualified health visitor then come and join our forward thinking, vibrant team of health visitors in Wokingham. Whether you are an experienced health visitor or newly qualified, we will ensure you receive individualised and effective support from both your health visiting line manager and colleagues within your team.
You will work within the Wokingham area to deliver core and targeted services to children aged 0-5 and their families. You will require excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work in partnership with other teams and agencies, along with great communication skills and a passion for working with children and families.
A commitment to team working, flexibility and working with partners is essential, as you will collaborate with Children's Centre's in the implementation of the Healthy Child Programme underpinned by the Solihull Approach model of working.Main duties of the jobSome of the general responsibilities include.
Where the role will be based:
- Develop and implement outcome focused care plans and evaluate care given, in partnership with clients.
- Provide support to families using the Solihull approach model in behaviour management, parenting skills and delivering programmes of care to vulnerable families.
- Develop and facilitate Health Visiting drop-in clinics, health promotion activities and groups.
If successful, your base will be Wokingham Community Hospital (Wokingham) however, your role will require you to visit homes across Berkshire (mileage will be compensated). Work base -
Wokingham Community Hospital & Wokingham Children's Centers, 41 Barkham Rd, Wokingham, RG41 2XRAbout us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solution
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe 3 requirements for you to be considered for this role.
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
- You must be a Registered Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) active on the NMC register
- You will be a Non-medical prescriber
- You will hold a valid UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
Should you match up to the 3 specs listed above, and if you are looking to work somewhere that is unconditionally respectful to young people and their families, that values their staff as individuals and continuously strives to be the best service it can be then we would recommend you make your application to work here at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust!
For further details about this role or questions in general about working for Berkshire Healthcare please contact Lisa Buxton, on 07900490845 or via email
Lisa.Buxton@berkshire.nhs.uk or Emma Drake via email email@example.com .Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Registered Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) active on the NMC register
- Non-medical prescriber
- S.L.I.C.E/ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of continual professional development
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience in management of cases where a child has a protection plan
- High standard of clinical work
- Basic IT skills/prepared to undertake training
- Knowledge of current policies and key drivers to improve the health outcomes of children
- Presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Cultural awareness
- Reflective and innovative practitioner
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Ability to be flexible and respond to service need
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car Driver who holds full driving licence
- The post requires a degree of agility and the ability to carry/manoeuvre light to moderate loads
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Health Visiting Wokingham
41 Barkham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.