The Lancaster Suite is a busy acute medical inpatient ward with a maximum capacity of 28 patients.The ward primarily covers the Endocrine and Gastroenterology specialities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic nurses who have a passion for providing nursing care to the highest standards. Our nursing team is committed to service and quality improvement, with a focus on ensuring our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to support the individual personal and professional development of our nursing staff through ongoing skill development, reflective practice and exposure to experiences that enable the development of leadership skills.Main duties of the job
We are looking for qualified nurses to join our dynamic team.
As a Registered Nurse you will be:
Able to actively assess, plan, implement & evaluate patient care with the multidisciplinary team, incorporating the whole of the patients' pathway.
Aware of the structure and organisation of the NHS and regulatory body's code of practice implementing this into nursing practice.
Participate in Clinical Governance by participating in auditing effectiveness of practice and incorporating findings.
Act as mentor or assessor in supervising and teaching of junior staff and unregistered staff.
Act as shift leader or manage a team in the absence of the Ward/Dept Manager.About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- 1st level Registered Nurse
- Willingness to undertake Teaching Qualification, Mentoring / assessing qualification, NVQ Assessors Award
- Post registration clinical course appropriate to area
- ECDL or equivalent
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Experience of establishing effective communication
- Experience of implementing change
Skills, ability and knowledgeEssential
- Previous experience within designated area
- Experience of mentoring and assessing junior staff
- Experience as shift team leader
- Demonstrable/ willingness to undertake specific clinical skills appropriate to speciality
- Ability to develop standards of care
- Ability to respond rapidly to emergency situations
- Ability to work as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others
- Up to date knowledge of professional issues
- Understanding of current NHS issues
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective teaching skills and /or mentoring skills
- IT skills - use of email, word processing, internet searching
- Effective leadership skills
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.