An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Gynae-Oncology team as a Clinical Nurse Specialist to cover a maternity cover for 9 months. The role is aimed to provide people with cancer with an excellent experience of care and commitment to support cancer care as the trust top quality priorities. The post holder will play a key role in developing nursing expertise in gynae-oncology to improve experience of patients with gynae-oncology cancer
You will champion the Trust values demonstrating compassion in all you do. Working alongside the oncologists, surgeons and multi-disciplinary to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care, that is responsive to the needs of the populations we serve.
If you think you have the drive, commitment, passion and enthusiasm and are ready to rise to the exciting challenge we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development of clinical practice, research and standards of care within the service, including development of policies, protocols and guidelines and contribute to service developments in collaboration with multidisciplinary colleagues, to include the undertaking of Peer Review. Also ensures the safety and well-being of service users, and always working in a manner that promotes dignity and human rights through the adoption of person centred care principles. This post does not encompass line-management responsibility.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Following your Corporate Induction you will be expected to attend the Trusts 2-week Induction Programme for RNs, NAs, RMs, ODPs and Paramedics. The programme is full-time (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this is problematic)and will involve travel to both Trust sites. The programme includes supernumerary shifts in the clinical area, classroom-based sessions and e-learning.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date:TBC Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Level 1 Registration
- BSc/1st degree (Health Related) or equivalent qualification / training and experience
- Post registration in cancer/palliative care
- Mentorship Course
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Counselling skills training
- Post registration course in gynaecology care
- Working towards MSc
- Evidence of managing self and working unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of particular aspects of gynaecological cancer care including menopause and fertility x
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Expert in nurse led practice Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent teaching and training skills
- Able to problem solve and initiate change
- Able to work across professional team and organisational boundaries
- Knowledge of trust policies and procedures and ability to translate these into action
- Knowledge of statistics and report writing
- Knowledge of symptom management in relation to gynae-oncology cancer
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of current management of patients with gynae-oncology cancer.
- Knowledge of national guidance relating to gynae-oncology, and NHS Cancer Plan
- Knowledge of current clinical and nursing research related to oncology or gynae-oncology cancer
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a small team, as well as part of the wider multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to prioritise workload achieving a balance between clinical work and other aspects of the post
- Ability to communicate patient information and education
- Able to negotiate with and influence the work of staff who are not managed by the team
- Report writing
- Working to targets
- Time management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to deliver informal and formal lectures at all levels
- Audit experience
- Experience in using spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of change management
- Understanding of research
- IT skills
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.