An exciting opportunity is on offer to join our dynamic and ever evolving Children and Adolescent Mental health service.
Based in North Cumbria - Current bases are Carlisle & Workington.
Are you interested in pursing a career in a child and young people service?
Are you passionate about helping children, young people and their families?
Are you looking for opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge?
Are you a registered Nurse, social worker , Art/creative therapist or occupational therapist?
If the answer is yes to the above, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
This role offers the chance to be part of a team who pride themselves on offering mental health services to children and young people within the community.
The team is made up of a Crisis/Assessment/intervention team and a Treatment/Therapy team.
We have several pathways within the service offering intervention to children and young people aged 0-18. Working closely with family, carers and the professional system to achieve the best possible outcomes and support healthy transitions.Main duties of the job
Assess and manage risk usingevidence based risk assessment tool.
To formulate risk management plan with young person and carer/family.
To provide comprehensive mental health assessment, formulation and collaborative care planning with young person and carer/family.
To provide effective treatment and intervention to young people and families with complex and substantial needs.
To deliver evidenced based clinical and psychologically based Interventions.
Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
Work with partner agencies including schools, children's social care and third sector organisations.
Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of Service Users across pathways which may include working extended and flexible hours over 7 days a week.
Demonstrate flexibility in the role. This may involve working across other clinical pathways with in CYPS services to support the needs of the service, whilst ensuring the delivery of high quality care at all times.About us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.
North Cumbria Children & Young peoples services (CYPS) has several bases at either West of the County or East of the County.
We work mainly in the community seeing children & young people and their families within clinic's, their homes and sometimes on line via TEAMS. We also see young people in hospital if in Crisis.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Please note to apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK. CNTW NHS Foundation Trust will not provide sponsorship for this role.
The several pathways within the service offer intervention to children and young people aged 0-18., who are struggling with their mental health, learning disabilities, eating disorder's, ADHD. or in a mental health crisis.
- Crisis intervention, Risk management through risk assessment and management plans.
- Short term work through consultation
- Assessment and Liaison
- Care co ordinate using CPA process
- Prescribe care for young people with complex needs. Following treatment pathways.
- To deliver evidenced based Clinical and Psychologically based Interventions.
- Provide specialist clinical advice to Service Users/Carers, staff, statutory agencies, 3rd sector partner agencies and the public.
- Work with the family/carer to support young person.
- The post holder will work as a member of the Multi-disciplinary Team.
- Provide clinical supervision to staff as delegated by Clinical Lead and Team Manager.
- To provide compassionate care that is based on empathy, kindness, respect and dignity.
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 14th November 2023
Closing date : 28th November 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- Professional Qualification and current Professional Registration as, a First Level Registered Nurse (RNMH, RMN, RNLD) or equivalent as an AHP, Social Worker or Clinical Psychologist
- 12 to 24 month band 5 qualified nurse experience dependent upon service need.
- Assessment & Mentorship qualification or experience
- knowledge and experience of Risk assessment
- Experience of working in crisis setting
- Evidence of post registration training in clinical or psychological intervention.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with children and young people
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Fairfield centre or Lillyhall workington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.